Prep time: 10 min.
Cook time: 15-20 min.
For the cupcakes:
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tbsp unsalted grass-fed butter
- ⅓ - ½ cup erythritol
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs at room temperature***
- ¼ cup water or brewed strong coffee (coffee will add a richer chocolate flavor)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Add almond flour and baking powder to a medium bowl. Whisk until thoroughly combined, set aside.
- Add butter, erythritol, cocoa powder, and salt to a large heatproof bowl. Microwave 1-2 minutes. You'll want to heat it until most of the sweetener and butter are melted. Stir to combine and allow to cool slightly.
- Add one egg at a time, whisking well after each one until completely incorporated. The texture should appear smooth, with all the sweetener dissolving into the mixture. Add flour mixture, whisking vigorously until thoroughly blended (about a minute).
- Add water and vanilla, whisk to combine.
- Pour into prepared cupcake tin or silicone molds.
- Bake 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees or until done.
- Cool completely before frosting
For the frosting:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz grass-fed butter, softened
- ½ cup heavy cream, 10 ounces
- Swerve confectioners, erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5-10 drops liquid stevia, optional
- Lily’s chocolate chips for decorating
- Beat the cream cheese and butter until combined. Add the Swerve, stevia, and vanilla, beating until incorporated and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into the frosting.
- Add to piping bag and pipe onto cupcakes.
- Decorate with Lily’s chocolate chips to create ghost’s face.