Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 30-45 Minutes
Servings: 16 Slices
Serving size: 1 Slice
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- ¼ c. (½ stick) butter, melted and cooled
- 1 ½ c. finely ground almond flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375° and line an 8"-x-4" loaf pan with parchment paper. Separate egg whites and egg yolks.
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites and cream of tartar. Using a hand mixer, whip until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate large bowl using a hand mixer, beat yolks with melted butter, almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Fold in 1/3 of the whipped egg whites until fully incorporated, then fold in the rest.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan lined with parchment paper and lightly sprayed with cooking spray, and smooth top.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until top is slightly golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool 30 minutes on wire rack before slicing.