Bang Bang Shrimp is super easy to make at home. The keto version is full of flavor, and the simple ingredients help you whip up this dish quick, like we do in our Konscious Keto test kitchen, which is perfect if you’re short on time.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Serving Size: 4 oz
For the Shrimp:
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- ½ cup coconut flourMild-flavored
- Kto friendly oil (for frying)
For the Sauce:
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Sambal chili paste, garlic
- 1 tbsp Sriracha*
- 1 tsp Swerve, confectioners
- 1 tsp scallions (green part only), sliced
- *for a less spicy version, add 1-2 tsp of Sriracha
- Add vinegar to heavy cream and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add mayonnaise, Sriracha, Sambal, and Swerve. Mix to combine.
- Pour the cream and vinegar mixture over the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and add mild-flavored oil. Dip the shrimp in coconut flour then fry in a skillet for 3-4 minutes or until pink.
- Coat the shrimp with the sauce, top with scallions, and serve over mixed greens.