Looking for a new and delicious way to curb your sugar cravings and get more healthy, satiating fats? Look no further than this delicious, French-inspired keto cake.
Versatility is the name of the game! Each slice can be savored hot or cold (we love it fresh from the oven with a delicious keto coffee); as a naughty but keto breakfast or as a delicious keto dessert.
There's no wrong way to indulge and with all this almond goodness. If you are new to keto, or a veteran, this recipe is a great incentive to stay in ketosis and feed your brain some powerful and delicious fats.
Almonds also pack a massive nutritional punch and are a great source of Vit E, protein, heart-healthy fats, manganese, and magnesium. Talk about a truly keto superfood!
Plus, who can resist their house smelling like a French bakery?
This is one of our favorite fat bomb recipes, so pause eating raw coconut oil for one moment, and treat yourself to a slice of cake!
Keto Almond Cake
Serving size: 1 slice, or 1/12 recipe
For the Cake:
- 3 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tbsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/3 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup Monk Fruit Erythritol Blend
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
For the Glaze:
- 3 tbsp butter (melted)
- 2 tbsp Powdered Monk Fruit Erythritol Blend
- 1/4 tsp Almond extract
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cake pan with baking paper.
- Add almonds to the parchment paper, and bake for 3-4 mins or until lightly toasted.
- In a bowl, mix butter and your sweetener of choice. Stir in almond flour, baking powder, and sea salt. Beat in eggs, sour cream, vanilla, and almond extracts.
- Bake, the mixture for 30 mins or until a toothpick, comes out clean. Take out of the oven and leave to cool for 10-15 mins.
- In another bowl, mix the glaze ingreidents.
- Remove the cake from the pan and set on a plate and glaze once cool.
- Garnish with toasted almonds.
What do you think of this super simple and delicious keto almond cake? Who said being keto has to be hard?
Once you have a few of these quick and simple keto recipes under your belt it becomes easy to say yes to healthy foods.
Each custom keto meal plan is created for you to experience all the benefits of ketosis without the science and prep work.