If you're ready to start keto, but thinking, "I can't give up my bread!" wait! You can have your bread on keto and still be in ketosis. How?
By using nut-based flours instead of the traditional grain-based flour your mom was baking with growing up.
Flours like almond flour and coconut flour can be worked into a dough just as well as other flour, and are gluten-free.
This is huge news if you have digestive issues or Celiacs, as gluten in high-carb bread can be very unsettling.
Keto bread is a truly healthy and delicious addition to your recipe collection and can be used to make sandwiches, toast, and all the carby dishes you love with none of the guilt or GI distress.
Can’t Believe it’s KETO Bread Recipe
If you're ready to see what keto has to offer, step on up with this delicious and easy keto bread recipe.
This can be made in batches and frozen or made to order.
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 30-45 Minutes
Servings: 16 Slices
Serving size: 1 Slice
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- ¼ c. (½ stick) butter, melted and cooled
- 1 ½ c. finely ground almond flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375° and line an 8"-x-4" loaf pan with parchment paper. Separate egg whites and egg yolks.
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites and cream of tartar. Using a hand mixer, whip until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate large bowl using a hand mixer, beat yolks with melted butter, almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Fold in 1/3 of the whipped egg whites until fully incorporated, then fold in the rest.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan lined with parchment paper and lightly sprayed with cooking spray, and smooth top.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until the top is slightly golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool 30 minutes on a wire rack before slicing.
- Fat: 10.2g
- Total Carbs: 2.5g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sugar Alcohols: 0g
- Net Carbs: 1.4g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Calories: 116
Now you can keep calm and keto on! Don't give up the foods you love. Learn how you can still prepare keto comfort foods your family will love.
Do you have a recipe recommendation you would like us to tackle? Leave us a comment below and we'll do our best to help!