Cook Time: 20 min
Prep Time: 10 min
Servings: 3/4 Cup per serving
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1/ 8 Cup White Onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic, finely minced
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 Cup Broccoli, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 Tablespoon Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese; shredded
- 2 Slices Bacon; Cooked and Crumbled (Optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional, for thickening)
- In a large pot, saute onion and garlic with butter over medium heat until onions are softened and translucent.
- Add broth and broccoli to pot. Cook broccoli until tender. Add salt, pepper, and desired seasoning.
- Place cream cheese in small bowl and heat in microwave for 30 seconds until soft and easily stirred.
- Stir heavy whipping cream and cream cheese into soup; bring to a boil.
- Turn off heat and quickly stir in cheddar cheese. Stir in xanthan gum, if desired.
- Allow to thicken.
- Serve hot with bacon crumbles.