What an excellent way to enjoy all the wholesome benefits of broccoli in a super cheesy, keto-friendly bowl of heaven.
Our chefs in the Konscious Keto kitchen have whipped up a quick and easy recipe for you to enjoy any time of the year, without worrying about your macros.
Check this recipe out, complete with nutty cheddar cheese and salty bacon; you won't be able to live without.
Creamy KETO Broccoli Cheese Soup
Cook Time: 20 min
Prep Time: 10 min
Macros: Calories: 280 | Net Carbs: 4g | Fat: 23g
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 1/8 cup white onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese; shredded
- 2 slices bacon; cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional, for thickening)
- In a large pot, saute onion and garlic with butter over medium heat until onions are softened and translucent.
- Add broth and broccoli to pot. Cook broccoli until tender. Add salt and pepper.
- Place cream cheese in small bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds until soft and easily stirred.
- Stir heavy cream and cream cheese into soup; bring to a boil.
- Turn off heat and quickly stir in cheddar cheese. Stir in xanthan gum, if desired.
- Allow to thicken.
- Serve hot with bacon crumbles.
What could be better than curling up on the couch and enjoying all this yummy comfort soup? It's like a hug in a mug!
What recipes would you like us to feature next? Leave a comment below and we will do our best to keto-fy your favorite soup!