Take your fish supper to the next level with this tasty Cajun Parmesan Salmon keto recipe; it's clean, fast and delicious.
Salmon is an ideal protein and fat source on a keto diet and is rich in B vitamins, potassium, and selenium, yet virtually carb-free.
Salmon is also high in omega-3 fats, which can help lower insulin and increase your insulin sensitivity. Just ensure you buy wild-caught where possible.
We recommend eating salmon at least once a week, but with recipes like this don't worry if you crave more of this deliciousness.
Keto Cajun Parmesan Salmon
If you're looking for an excellent entree, with lots of versatility, then you're going to love this super easy Keto Cajun Parmesan Salmon recipe.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (4-oz.) fillets salmon (preferably wild)
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 c. low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan
- Lemon slices, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season salmon with 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning and pepper, then add to the skillet skin-side up.
- Cook salmon until deeply golden, about 6 minutes, then flip and cook 2 minutes more. Transfer to a plate.
- Add butter and garlic to the skillet. When the butter has melted, stir in broth, lemon juice, remaining teaspoon Cajun seasoning, parsley, and Parmesan. Bring mixture to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium and add salmon back to skillet. Simmer until sauce has reduced and salmon is cooked (3 to 4 minutes).
This super fragrant dish is easily served with a verity of side dishes; you can use cauliflower rice, a side salad, feel free to get creative.
Custom Keto Meal Plan
Think going keto is impossible? Think again! With the custom keto meal plan, you get simple, delicious, family-friendly meal options.
There's no crazy counting, complicated ratios, or macros to worry about; simply indulge in the foods you love, and finally feel amazing.