If you're looking for a delicious and nutritious option for dinner tonight, you've come to the right place.
We have a fantastic recipe that we think the whole family will love (even if they are not keto!). No one will know this tasty treat is packed with fiber, vitamins C, K, B6, foliate, and so much more.
Yes, cauliflower is a nutrient-rich veggie bomb that provides many of the minerals missing on a keto diet.
As it's high in fiber, it will help you stay feeling fuller for longer, and can aid in helping you to eat fewer calories throughout the day. This can lead to weight loss without you feeling deprived or hungry.
We recommend eating larger, more filling meals like this one, earlier in the day when possible for best results. Focus on a lighter meal for dinner, and add in some intermittent fasting the best weight loss results.
This Golden KETO Cauliflower Bake would be the secret weapon you've been waiting for to kickstart your keto journey.
Golden KETO Cauliflower Bake
This casserole combines all the delicious flavors of a loaded baked potato, minus the potato and high carbs!
Cauliflower is a great stand-in for more carb-heavy veggies in keto cooking, and this one gets a lot of rave in our Konscious Keto circles.
Begin by chopping the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. You don’t want large florets or riced cauliflower, but something in between.
However, chopping cauliflower does result in some crumbs, and it is okay to throw those in as well. Next, steam the cauliflower either in boiling water or the microwave.
Be sure to check your cauliflower every few minutes; you don’t want to overcook at this stage, as it will cook in the oven as well.
When your cauliflower is perfectly al dente, drain completely. You want to remove as much water as possible. You could lay the cauliflower on paper towels or kitchen cloths, to get out some extra moisture as well.
We find a hand mixer to be very convenient in combining the cheese and creams, as the hand mixer does a good job of making sure everything is incorporated.
Bake your casserole until the top is nice and golden. We find it is best to overcook slightly rather than undercook in this case.
The cheesy golden crust is fabulous! This is a delicious keto side dish to add to any chicken, steak, or fish entree.
Here's what you need to know:
Prep time: 10 min.
Cook time: 30 min.
Macros: Calories: 345 | Net Carbs: 5g | Fat: 28g
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 12 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese (divided into 8 oz. and 4 oz.)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup of heavy cream
- ½ cup of sour cream
- 10 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled (divided into 6-8 and 4-6 slices
- 1 ½ cup scallions, chopped (divided into 1 cup plus 1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Steam cauliflower for five minutes or until tender.
- With a hand mixer, mix 8 oz. cheddar, cream cheese, heavy cream, and sour cream in a bowl.
- Add 6-8 slices crumbled bacon, 1 cup scallions, and garlic to the creamed mixture. Mix everything into the cauliflower. Top with remaining cheese and bacon. Pour into a baking pan prepped with cooking spray. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil continue baking for 5-10 minutes or until ready and bubbling. Top with the remaining ½ cup of scallions. Enjoy!
We hope you'll use this Golden KETO Cauliflower Bake in regular rotation as a yummy keto side, or even as a great veggie keto meal.
By increasing the serving size, you can enjoy this super indulgent dish as a standalone due to its high-fat content. And, as it's packed with veggies, you shouldn't feel guilty about this big bowl of comfort food.
If it's a hit with your family, share your pics with our Konscious Keto Facebook group today, and let us know what recipes you want to see next. We're always super excited to see what you're cooking up!