Grab your oversized sweaters and hold on tight as we dive into a big bowl of soulful keto fare. This keto chili is low-carb, gluten-free and sure to make your taste buds dance with joy.
Warm-up a bowl or five for friends ahead of the big game, or simply indulge in each delicious bite.
Warm Me Up Slow Cooker KETO Chili
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 4 hrs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground sausage, spicy or mild
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1-2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup bone broth or water
- Oil, for cooking
- Shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack
- Sliced scallions
- Sour cream
- Sliced jalapeños
- Diced avocado
- Hot pepper sauce
- In a large pot or frying pan, heat oil and brown beef and sausage. Drain the meat, leaving a small amount of juices. Transfer meat and juices to a slow cooker.
- Add a little more oil to the pan, if needed, and sauté onion, pepper, and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Transfer veggies to slow cooker with meats.
- Add the tomatoes with their juices, tomato paste, chili, cumin, salt and pepper, and water or broth. Mix well.
- Place lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Serve with desired toppings.
- Fat: 34.5g
- Total Carbs:8.5g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Sugar Alcohols: 0g
- Net Carbs: 5.8g
- Protein: 37.7g
- Calories: 509
This fan fave is a fantastic crowd pleaser and can be made in larger batches for tailgating and housewarming parties. You can also cook up a batch and store it in the fridge or freeze for meal prep; making this recipe twice as nice.
You can serve with a side salad if you wish to keep it calorie-conscious, or you can add all the sour cream, cheese, and jalapenos your heart's desire! There is no wrong way to make chili in our book.
Do you love these family-style recipes? Let us know and we'll keep them coming to the Konscious Keto blog just for you!