Ok, here they are, the recipes you have been waiting for, keto pizza variations that our team here at Konscious Keto are in love with!
This recipe is a variation of the famous keto Fathead Pizza Dough; based on the documentary about the keto diet. There are a lot of keto dough recipes out there, and we find this one to be the absolute best!
On other diets, take out pizza has always been our “cheat meal,” but on keto, we don’t need a cheat meal, because of the fabulous recipes that will fool all of your family. They are truly life-changing!
We find this recipe gives you the perfect proportions of cheese, egg, and almond flour. You want to fully incorporate the ingredients by kneading with wet or oiled hands.
This dough is sticky, so I keep a bowl of water nearby for dipping. I think the tiny bit of water adding by my wet hands in the kneading actually improves the texture of the dough, as well.
You’re definitely going to want to use parchment paper for this recipe, so your crust doesn't stick. Using wet hands, spread the dough in a thin layer.
One of my favorite things about this though is that it spreads more easily than regular pizza dough!
Be sure to poke tons of holes with a fork before placing dough in the oven. This prevents bubbles.
You want to bake for about 8-10 minutes, depending on how well done you like your crust.
Add your toppings and return to the oven for 10-14 minutes. You could turn on the broiler at the end to get a crispy, golden top.
The possibilities are endless! If using a tomato sauce, we find Rao's brand to be super delicious and lower in carbs than most.
Also note that many pre-shredded kinds of cheese, contain more carbs so if you need to cut down, shredding your own block is the way to go.
Keep reading to see how we like to spruce up some simple keto pizza dough into a fancy family dinner in less than 30 minutes. What more could you ask for?
Butter Believe It KETO Pizza
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook time: 18-24 min.
Macros: Calories: 209 | Net Carbs: 2g | Fat: 18g
- 3 cups of shredded mozzarella
- 1 ½ cups of almond flour
- 4 tbsp of cream cheese, cubed
- 2 free-range eggs
- 2 tbsp pesto
- Shredded mozzarella
- Low sugar pizza sauce or olive oil
- Keto toppings: pepperoni, sausage, veggies, chicken, etc.
- Put the mozzarella and cream cheese in a medium-sized bowl. Microwave for 1 min, stir and then another microwave for another 30 seconds, stir. Continue until melted, and stir to combine.
- Stir egg and almond flour together. Mix egg and flour mixture into cheese mixture. Knead the dough with wet hands until fully combined and resembles a flour dough.
- Wet hands and spread “dough” thin on parchment paper. Poke rows of holes with a fork to avoid bubbles.
- Bake in 425°F oven for 8-10 minutes. Check the crust and poke any holes if there are bubbles. Add desired toppings.
- Continue cooking for a total of 10 to 14 minutes or until slightly brown and golden.
Keto Kickin’ Buffalo Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
Prep time: 15 min.
Cook time: 18-24 min.
Macros: Calories: 302 | Net Carbs: 3g | Fat: 25g
For the Dough:
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 4 tbsp cream cheese, cubed
- 2 organic eggs, beaten
For the Toppings:
To Make the Crust:
- Combine mozzarella and cream cheese in microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes or until fully melted. Stir to combine.
- Add almond flour and egg, mix until thoroughly combined. You can use wet hands to knead the dough so that all ingredients become fully incorporated.
- Using wet hands, spread dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Wet hands prevent sticking. Poke holes all over the dough with a fork to avoid bubbles while baking.
- Bake in 425-degree oven 8-10 minutes.
- While crust bakes, combine butter and hot sauce and microwave for about 30 seconds or until butter is melted. Whisk to combine. Add chicken to sauce and toss to coat.
- When the crust is done, remove from oven, Spread 1/4-1/2 cup ranch dressing on top of the crust, as you would pizza sauce. You will do this to taste, depending on the size. I spread a very thin layer. You can save extra to serve with pizza.
- Top with half of the cheese. Next add chicken, bacon, and finish with remaining cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Return to oven for about 10-14 minutes or until done.
- If desired, top with sliced scallions. Serve with extra ranch, if desired.
Some of our favorite toppings include pesto, pepperoni, Italian sausage, ground beef, onions, peppers, mushrooms, chicken and bacon.
It's also great to dip your slice in some low carb ranch dressing or hot sauce!
For more recipes, check out our custom keto meal plan where we'll deliver fresh keto recipes to your inbox!