Ok, here it is, the recipes you have been waiting for, keto pizza!
This recipe is a variation of the famous Fathead Pizza Dough. There are a lot of dough recipes out there, and we find this to be the absolute best!
On other diets, take out pizza has always been our “cheat meal.” On keto, we don’t need a cheat meal, because of these fabulous pizza recipes. They are truly life changing!
The keys to making a great dough are proportions of ingredients and the full incorporation of those ingredients.
We find this recipe gives you the perfect proportions of cheese, egg, and almond flour. You want to fully incorporate the ingredients by kneading with wet or oiled hands.
This dough is sticky, so I keep a bowl of water nearby for dipping. I think the tiny bit of water adding by my wet hands in the kneading actually improves the texture of the dough, as well.
You’re definitely going to want to use parchment paper for this recipe, so your crust doesn't stick. Using wet hands, spread the dough in a thin layer.
One of my favorite things about this though is that it spreads more easily than regular pizza dough!
Be sure to poke tons of holes with a fork before placing dough in the oven. This prevents bubbles. You want to bake for about 8-10 minutes, depending on how well done you like your crust.
Add your toppings and return to the oven for 10-14 minutes. You could turn on the broiler at the end to get a crispy, golden top.
The possibilities are endless! If using a tomato sauce, we find Rao's brand to be super delicious and lower in carbs than most.
Also, note many pre-shredded cheeses, contain some carbs, if you don’t want these, shredding your own is the best way to go.
Some of our favorite toppings include pepperoni, Italian sausage, ground beef, onions, peppers, mushrooms, chicken, and bacon.
It's also great to dip your slice in some low carb ranch dressing or hot sauce!
Butter Believe It KETO Pizza
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook time: 18-24 min.
- 3 cups of shredded mozzarella
- 1 ½ cups of almond flour
- 4 tbsp of cream cheese, cubed
- 2 free-range eggs
- Shredded mozzarella
- Low sugar pizza sauce
- Keto toppings: pepperoni, sausage, veggies, chicken, etc.
- Put the mozzarella and cream cheese in a medium-sized bowl. Microwave for 1 min, stir and then another microwave for another 30 seconds, stir. Continue until melted, and stir to combine.
- Stir egg and almond flour together. Mix egg and flour mixture into cheese mixture. Knead the dough with wet hands until fully combined and resembles a flour dough.
- Wet hands and spread “dough” thin on parchment paper. Poke rows of holes with a fork to avoid bubbles.
- Bake in 425°F oven for 8-10 minutes. Check the crust and poke any holes if there are bubbles. Add desired toppings.
- Continue cooking for a total of 10 to 14 minutes or until slightly brown and golden.
Keto Kickin’ Buffalo Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
Prep time: 15 min.
Cook time: 18-24 min.
For the dough:
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 4 tbsp. cream cheese, cubed
- 2 eggs, beaten
For the toppings:
To make the crust:
- Combine mozzarella and cream cheese in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes or until fully melted. Stir to combine.
- Add almond flour and egg, mix until thoroughly combined. You can use wet hands to knead the dough so that all ingredients become fully incorporated.
- Using wet hands, spread dough onto parchment lined baking sheet. Wet hands prevent sticking. Poke holes all over dough with a fork to avoid bubbles while baking.
- Bake in 425-degree oven 8-10 minutes.
- While crust bakes, combine butter and hot sauce and microwave for about 30 seconds or until butter is melted. Whisk to combine. Add chicken to sauce and toss to coat.
- When the crust is done, remove from oven, Spread 1/4-1/2 cup ranch dressing on top of the crust, as you would pizza sauce. You will do this to taste, depending on the size. I spread a very thin layer. You can save extra to serve with pizza.
- Top with half of the cheese. Next add chicken, bacon, and finish with remaining cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Return to oven for about 10-14 minutes or until done.
- If desired, top with sliced scallions. Serve with extra ranch, if desired.