This lemon pound cake is hands-down one of our favorite keto desserts. You would never know it was keto! Besides being delicious, it is such a beautiful cake, sure to impress any crowd!
When making this cake, temperature and texture and super important. Notice that the eggs should be at room temperature. This will ensure the perfect texture and prevent your cake from becoming “eggy” in taste and texture.
You can leave your eggs at room temperature for several hours before baking, but if you forgot, place them in a bowl of warm water, changing the water as it cools, until eggs are room temperature.
Also, make sure your butter and cream cheese are softened for easy blending. You can either leave them at room temperature to soften or cut into chunks and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for short increments (10 seconds) until softened, but not melted.
Full incorporation of ingredients is key to a tasty cake, so do take the time to make sure all ingredients are mixed well with either a hand or stand mixer. This cake should take at least 40 minutes to bake thoroughly.
Check after 40 minutes and if the batter is still too jiggly, return to oven and check every 5 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Be sure to cool on a wire rack, so that the cake cools evenly and air can get underneath it.
When creating your glaze, add the lemon juice little by little until glaze is thin enough to pour. If you accidentally used too much, you add more powdered erythritol.
Erythritol in the glaze has a bit of a cooling taste. If you do not care for this, you can omit the glaze entirely. A good substitution is keto whipped cream.
If lemon is not your thing, leave out the juice and zest. This makes a fantastic vanilla pound cake without the lemon.
In the summertime, we love using this cake for strawberry shortcake. Just add berries and keto whipped cream!
Love My Lemon KETO Pound Cake
Prep time: 10 min.
Bake time: 45-60 min.
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups erythritol, powder form
- 8 whole organic eggs, room temperature
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 ½ tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 cup powdered erythritol
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Juice of 1-2 lemons
- Lemon zest to taste
- 1 tsp melted grass-fed butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together the grass-fed butter and erythritol until smooth.
- Add the softened chunks of cream cheese and blend until smooth. Add the eggs, lemon juice, zest, and vanilla extract with the blended ingredients. Blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add the ingredients from the medium-sized bowl into the batter. Use a hand blender to blend the clumps until very smooth.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan or cake pan; we used a tube pan. Bake for 45-60 minutes at 350°F or until fully cooked.
For the glaze:
- Mix the erythritol, vanilla, butter, and zest.
- Add lemon juice a little bit at a time until glaze becomes desired consistency. The glaze should be thin enough to pour.
- Wait until the pound cake is cooled before pouring the glaze on top.