Nothing warms the heart like a creamy bowl of velvety smooth soup.
On keto, many canned soup options are off-limits due to all the added sugar; instead, go homemade and keep it simple but delicious.
This pumpkin soup is a fantastic appetizer or lunch option, and you can double the serving size for an easy weeknight meal. You can also keep this in the fridge and reheat for up to 3 days.
Sticking to a low carb diet can be easy and delicious. We're sure everyone will want to know where you got this recipe!
- 4 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
- 2 tbsp Red Thai curry paste
- 2 cups of chicken bone broth
- 2 cans pumpkin purée
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- ½ tsp cumin
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp. xanthan gum
- sea salt to taste
- Optional: sour cream or heavy cream for topping
- Optional: pumpkin seeds, for topping
- Optional: fresh cilantro
- Turn on a soup pan over medium heat, add the butter to melt. Saute garlic and onion in oil until translucent and aromatic. Add ginger, saute a minute. Add curry paste, stir.
- Add the broth, pumpkin, almond butter, and spices. Whisk to combine and let the mixture simmer for 10 - 15 minutes, until the flavors meld, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the stove and let cool. While soup cools, whip the heavy cream until it thickens a bit.
- When the soup has cooled enough, transfer to blender or food processor, blend until smooth.
- Return to pot and heat. Fold in heavy cream. If the soup is thin, add xanthan gum to thicken.
- Top with heavy cream or sour cream if dairy is tolerated. Top with seeds and fresh cilantro.
- Fat: 17g
- Total Carbs: 17g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar Alcohols: 0g
- Net Carbs: 13g
- Protein: 5g
- Calories: 237
Nothing beats curling with a delicious bowl of pumpkin soup. We hope you love this recipe as much as we do. If you want more delicious and easy keto recipes you can make at home, why not check out our custom keto recipes?
Each plan is handcrafted for you and features easy to make and satisfying keto dishes the whole family will love.
What recipes would you like to see us feature next? Drop a comment with your favorite soups, and we'll add it to our Konscious Keto recipe blog.