Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 10-15 min.
Total time: 30 min.
- 4 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
- 2 tbsp Red Thai curry paste
- 2 cups chicken bone broth
- 2 cans pumpkin purée
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- ½ tsp cumin
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp. xanthan gum
- sea salt to taste
- Optional: sour cream or heavy cream for topping
- Optional: pumpkin seeds, for topping
- Optional: fresh cilantro
- Turn on a soup pan over medium heat, add the butter to melt. Saute garlic and onion in oil until translucent and aromatic. Add ginger, saute a minute. Add curry paste, stir.
- Add the broth, pumpkin, almond butter and spices. Whisk to combine and let the mixture simmer for 10 - 15 minutes, until the flavors meld, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from stove and let cool. While soup cools, whip the heavy cream until it thickens a bit.
- When soup has cooled enough, transfer to blender or food processor, blend until smooth.
- Return to pot and heat. Fold in heavy cream. If soup is thin, add xanthan gum, to thicken.
- Top with heavy cream or sour cream if dairy is tolerated. Top with seeds and fresh cilantro.