As you know, sometimes, the most simple flavors like pure organic vanilla, are the most decadent and sinful.
We created a fluffy and light cupcake in our Konscious Keto kitchen, that you will swear is full of everything against your macros, but with sweet relief we promise, it will keep you bringing down the pounds.
Take note of this yummy, airy cupcake and break it out for your next celebration, without the guilt!
KETO Vanilla Cupcakes & Buttercream Icing
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Servings: 10 cupcakes
Macros: Calories: 304 | Net Carbs: 3g | Fat: 28g
- 4 tbsp softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup powdered erythritol
- 4 organic eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour, finely ground
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix the unsalted butter and erythritol until smooth.
- Add the eggs, sour cream, vanilla extract, and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Scoop the batter evenly into your muffin tin lined with paper or silicone cupcake liners sprayed with cooking spray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Finish with buttercream icing
Serving size: 2 tbsp.
Prep time: 5 min.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered erythritol (I used Swerve)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (no sugar added)
- 5-10 drops liquid stevia, or to taste
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese together with a mixer until fully combined.
- Add the sweetener and vanilla extract and beat slowly until the sweetener is incorporated.
- Once the sweetener is incorporated, beat on high for 2 minutes or until fluffy.
- Pipe or spread icing onto cupcakes.