Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Servings: 10 cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
- 4 tbsp softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup powdered erythritol
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour, finely ground
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix the unsalted butter and erythritol until smooth.
- Add the eggs, sour cream, vanilla extract, and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Scoop the batter evenly into your muffin tin lined with paper or silicone cupcake liners sprayed with cooking spray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Finish with buttercream icing
For the buttercream icing:
Serving size: 2 tbsp.
Prep time: 5 min.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered erythritol (I used Swerve)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (no sugar added)
- 5-10 drops liquid stevia, or to taste
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese together with a mixer until fully combined.
- Add the sweetener and vanilla extract and beat slowly until the sweetener is incorporated.
- Once the sweetener is incorporated, beat on high for 2 minutes or until fluffy.
- Pipe or spread icing onto cupcakes.