When we spark up the BBQ at Konscious Keto, the smiles go all around! You'll be smiling too after you taste these juicy skirt steaks.
Enjoy these on their own or with a side salad or our loaded radishes. We love to add the leftover steak to breakfast omelets (but be warned, there's hardly ever any leftovers when we make this!).
Carne asada is a fantastic keto dish as it has the right keto macros to help you stay in ketosis. Plus it tastes delicious and is super simple to make. You're gonna love this one, we promise.
Carne Asada & KETO Chimichurri Sauce
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Serving Size: 4 oz steak
- You will need an indoor or gas grill heated to 450˚F when you're ready to cook the steak.
- You will need a blender or food processor to make the sauce.
For the Carne Asada:
- 1 lb flank or skirt steak
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
For the Chimichurri Sauce:
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp salt, to taste
- Combine the lime juice, avocado oil, cider vinegar, garlic, cumin, oregano, cilantro, cayenne, black pepper, and salt in a bowl or gallon-sized plastic bag.
- Mix well and add the steak to the marinade, turning to coat thoroughly.
- Seal the bag or bowl and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight for the best flavor. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Grill the steaks on the heated grill for 2-3 minutes per side, or until done to your satisfaction.
- Remove the meat from heat and let it rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- For the Chimichurri sauce, blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
We can't wait to hear what you think of this mouth-watering recipe. Be sure to try it out and put us to the test. If you love this recipe, why not join our custom keto recipe club where we'll create 28-days of delicious keto recipes for you.
Drop a comment below and tell us your favorite keto recipes and we'll do our best to feature them here on the Konscious Keto recipe blog.