Store bought mayonnaise may be convenient, but its often made with unhealthy oils like soybean or canola. This super simple, keto friendly mayonnaise recipe requires only a few simple ingredients and a food processor or blender. Made with avocado oil, it’s a much healthier choice , so feel free to indulge without the guilt.
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp red or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1 cup avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, optional
- Process the egg in a food processor or high powered blender for about 20 seconds. Add the mustard, vinegar, and salt and process for an additional 20 seconds.
- Stop the food processor, use a spatula to scrape down the sides. Start the food processor again, and add the oil in tiny drops until about a quarter of the oil has been added.
- When you see the mayo is beginning to thicken, you may slowly add more until in a thin drizzle until you have added all of the oil.
- Once all of the oil has been added, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl again. Add salt, lemon juice or extra vinegar to taste.
- Fat: 13.9g
- Total Carbs: 0g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar Alcohols: 0g
- Net Carbs: 0g
- Protein: 0g
- Calories: 126