What other way can you enjoy the sinful taste of cakey donuts without breaking your ketosis progress?
Our chefs in the Konscious Keto kitchen created a way for you to conquer that warm-out-of-the-oven craving for baked apples, and keep your figure too!
Check this recipe out, complete with golden melted butter and fragrant cinnamon, you just can't go wrong.
KETO Apple Spiced Donuts
Serving size 1 donut
Prep time: 10 min.
Cook time: 22-28 min.
Macros: Calories: 291 | Net Carbs: 3g | Fat: 26g
- 1 cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup erythritol
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup butter (unsalted; measured solid, then melted)
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 large organic eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: ½ tsp apple extract
- ½ cup erythritol
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3-4 tbsp butter (unsalted; measured solid, then melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Grease a donut pan well. In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, almond milk, egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk the wet mixture into the dry mix.
- Transfer the batter evenly into the donut cavities, filling them ¾ of the way. Bake for about 22-28 minutes (or longer for a silicone pan!), until dark golden brown. Cool until donuts are easy to remove from the pan.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the erythritol and cinnamon for the coating.
- When the donuts have cooled enough to easily remove from the molds, transfer them to a cutting board. Brush both sides of one donut with butter, then press/roll in the sweetener/cinnamon mixture to coat.
- Repeat with the remaining donuts.