We must warn you; this pudding is exceptionally delicious! You won’t believe that it is made from delicious and healthy avocado!
For the best pudding, make sure your avocados are “just ripe.” You don’t want them overly ripe and mushy. Alternatively, if they are too hard, they will not create a smooth pudding-like texture.
Test them by squeezing gently, and if they give just a little, they are perfect! You also want the flesh to be sweet and green.
The recipe calls for four avocados, but we buy six just in case. Avocados tend to be a tricky fruit with a very short ripening window.
We strongly suggest using a food processor for this recipe. If you don’t have one, you can use a blender or hand mixer. However, a food processor will create the smoothest texture.
The secret to this recipe comes from the combination of cocoa powder and baker’s chocolate. Many recipes call for just one or the other, this recipe combines the two for a perfectly balanced chocolate taste.
As you see in the recipe, a sweetener is a matter of taste. We suggest adding little by little and tasting until you reach your desired sweetness.
This pudding tastes best chilled in the refrigerator for about an hour. This will result in a better texture and taste. It is absolutely delicious on its own or you can get fancy with toppings!
Keto whipped cream is chocolate avocado pudding’s best friend. This would be an impressive dessert for any dinner party topped with whipped cream, nuts, and berries.
Avocado KETO Chocolate Pudding
Prep time: 25 min.
Total time: 1 hr. 25 min. (1 hour chill time)
For the Chocolate Avocado Pudding:
- 4 ripe avocados
- ¼ cup almond or coconut milk
- 5 tbsp unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 3 oz dark chocolate or bittersweet chocolate
- ½ cup - 1 cup powdered erythritol
- Remove avocado flesh from the skin and place it in a food processor.
- Add the almond or coconut milk, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt.
- Process until well combined.
- Melt the 3 ounces dark chocolate in a microwave for 30 seconds, or until completely melted. Mix erythritol into melted chocolate. Add this to the avocado mixture in the food processor.
- Process until smooth. Remove the top of the food processor, scrapes sides of the bowl.
- Taste pudding and adjust erythritol and almond/coconut milk for desired sweetness and consistency. Blend one last time until smooth.
- Spoon into bowls and chill in a refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Optional: top with Keto whip cream, berries, nuts, or nut butter.
For the Keto Whipped Cream:
Serving size: 16
Serving size: 2 tbsp
Total Time: 10-15 min.
- Add the ingredients to a large, deep bowl. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, mix ingredients on medium high-high speed until it thickens to a whipped cream consistency.
- Increase speed of mixer as the mixture thickens, as not to splatter cream.
- Taste and adjust sweetener to your liking.
- Optional: Add a scoop of nut butter or cocoa powder for flavored whipped cream!
- Fat: 26.4g
- Total Carbs: 31.8g
- Fiber: 13g
- Sugar Alcohols: 14.4g
- Net Carbs: 4.4g
- Protein: 5.6g
- Calories: 314
We cannot wait to hear what you think about this deliciously rich and smooth keto chocolate pudding. It's a fan fave for sure!
Did you also know we can help create an awesome custom keto recipe plan for you to make more delicious recipes like this at home?
Take our free quiz now and see what it's like to have a virtual keto chef on your support team!
Drop a comment below and let us know what recipes we can create for you next!