Sick of eggs and bacon for breakfast? We know it sounds great, but too much of the same thing can be a bad thing over time.
We like to shake it up at Konscious Keto too, so if you’re looking to step up your breakfast game, try this fantastic keto granola!
You’re going to start by chopping the nuts. Mix everything up in a big bowl. You can substitute nuts and seeds, just make sure they’re keto-friendly and be mindful of your macros.
Get a free list of our recommended keto nuts here.
Also, if there is a nut or seed you don’t care for on our ingredient list, you can leave it out, and add extra of another nut or seed that you do like.
We use sugar-free syrup for this recipe. It is a delicious keto-friendly option, sweetened with monk fruit. If you don’t like maple, you can add a little more melted butter or coconut oil.
Crunchtastic KETO Granola Recipe
Feel free to use another extract of your choosing, like coconut, vanilla, or almond. Just note that extracts are very concentrated, so the proportions will not be the same, we would say try a teaspoon or two.
Baking on parchment works best for this recipe. You’ll have to keep an eye on this granola in the oven, as it will burn if overcooked. We check every 5-10 minutes, occasionally stirring, for a total of about 20-30 minutes.
We enjoy a bowl of this granola with a few berries and some cold unsweetened almond milk. You can also eat it dry or over a low carb yogurt.
Prep time: 5 min.
Cook time: 20-25 min.
- ¾ cup almonds, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds, chopped
- ¼ cup almond flakes, chopped
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 large free-range egg
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Chop all the seeds and nuts into 4 - 5 pieces each where possible. Place into a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl.
- On a baking tray with parchment paper, place the granola into an even layer. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, pull it out and stir all the ingredients around, making sure that the edges don't burn. Keep putting it in the oven in 5-10 minute intervals so that the mixture doesn't burn.
- 20 minutes should be enough to make this granola crunchy, but depending on your oven it might be more or less, so please keep an eye on it.
- Fat: 44g
- Total Carbs: 17.5g
- Fiber: 8.8g
- Sugar Alcohols: 2.5g
- Net Carbs: 6.2g
- Protein: 10.5g
- Calories: 469
Now you can have your granola and keto on! We love this recipe as a breakfast substitute as you can make it ahead, but it's equally delicious at night or as an easy keto snack on the go.
Would you like more Paleo keto recipes on the Konscious Keto blog? Drop us a comment and let us know and we'll do our best to help!