Here at Konscious Keto, we are in love with fall and all the seasonal keto treats we can devour.
If you are looking for an amazing keto cupcake, complete with crunchy pecans and a down to earth delicious cream cheese frosting...look no more. Not only do these cupcakes meet your macros, but they also satisfy those cravings!
Pair these with a warm cup of cocoa to make those cold days, just a little bit more toasty! And, with some creative flair, these are super cute Halloween keto treats you can make with the kids for a sugar-conscious night.
Pumpkin Cupcakes As KETO Halloween Treats
Prep time: 10 min.
Cook time: 15-18 min.
Macros: Calories: 125 | Net Carbs: 3g | Fat: 10g
For the Cupcakes:
- ⅔ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 organic eggs lightly beaten
- ¼ cup Swerve
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans
For the Frosting:
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 4 oz grass-fed butter (softened)
- ½ cup heavy cream (10 ounces)
- ¼ cup Swerve Confectioners (erythritol)
- 1 tsp vanilla (or your favorite flavoring)
- 5-10 drops liquid stevia (optional)
Instructions (For the Cupcakes)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C
- Whisk together in a medium bowl almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Set aside.
- Add eggs and Swerve to a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy, 2 minutes. Add in vanilla extract, coconut oil, and pumpkin puree and beat until just incorporated. Gradually add in the dry flour mixture, alternating with almond milk. Once fully combined, fold in pecans.
- Distribute batter evenly into lined cupcake pan or silicone baking cups. Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes in the pan before removing, and cool completely in a rack before frosting.
- Make your cream cheese buttercream frosting while your cakes are cooling. And frost away once cooled!
- For a festive look, add natural food coloring and spider rings to decorate for Halloween.
Instructions (For the Frosting)
- Beat the cream cheese and butter until combined. Add the Swerve, stevia, and vanilla, beating until incorporated and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into the frosting.
- Add to piping bag and pipe onto cupcakes.
- Chill. Serve with friends.
Who knew you could be keto and have delicious cupcakes? This is why we love this way of eating, and we want to invite you to explore all the delicious recipes open to you now in our custom keto meal plan.
Don't forget, you can change out the flavors and enjoy these all year long - we love to add different flavor extracts, making these perfectly keto.