Prep time: 15 min.
Cook time: 30-35 min.
- 10 oz shredded zucchini, liquid squeezed out
- ½ cup shallots, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh chives, chopped
- ½ cup mozzarella, shredded
- 2-4 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup almond or coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Cooking spray, for pie dish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a pie dish with cooking spray.
- Combine zucchini, shallots, chives, and mozzarella cheese in a bowl.
- Combine flour, xanthan gum, salt, and baking powder in another, medium bowl.
- Add heavy cream, oil, and eggs to the same bowl and blend well.
- Combine with zucchini mixture and pour it into the pie dish.
- Top with parmesan cheese and black pepper and bake 30-35 minutes or until knife comes out clean from the center. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.