Our chef at Konscious Keto gave this traditional Korean dish a refreshingly light option that can be made quickly after a hectic day. This recipe draws flavor from Napa cabbage, sesame oil, and Korean chili powder.
This is an ideal meal prep recipe since it can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for up to a week.
But what you might not know is that while delicious, Kimchi is also a superfood on the keto diet and has massive gut health potential!
If you feel bloated, constipated or if you just don't have as much energy as you would like there's a good chance your gut health is to blame.
Your gut is responsible for telling your brain to take charge, so if your gut is not happy, nothing can be.
Kimchi is a powerful food not because it's a vegetable, although that helps. No, kimchi is fantastic because of how it's prepared. Kimchi is pickled cabbage, and it's during this pickling process that the magic happens.
Millions of natural probiotics are formed when foods are fermented. When you eat these probiotics, your gut lining comes into balance and can operate and digest foods more fully and effectively.
Many people find that constipation, bloating and even a few pounds simply vanish when their gut health is taken care of - so what have you got to lose?
So KETO Kimchi Salad
If you're ready to step up your keto game, you'll love this amazing recipe that supports gut health and your immune system.
This recipe is quick and easy, and a great way to ensure you are getting the cleanest kimchi by making it at home!
You'll only need a few key ingredients to get started, and it won't be long until you are eating kimchi as a side to all your favorite keto dishes.
Plus, it won't kick you out of ketosis and you can use this as a side dish to all your favorite dishes or add some extra flavor and flair.
Kimchi is naturally low in calories, high in fiber, contains very few carbs and is always recommended to have in the fridge for snacking.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
Makes: 4 servings
Serving Size: ¼ salad
Calories: 155 | Net Carbs: 17g | Fat: 4g
You will need a blender or food processor for this recipe.
- 1 large head Napa cabbage
- 4 cups of water
- 1-½ cups kosher salt
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp chopped ginger
- ½ cup of fish sauce
- ¼ cup Korean chili powder
- 2 tbsp granulated sweetener
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 3 tbsp radishes, sliced
- Cut the cabbage into quarters and remove the core. Drain and rinse the cabbage thoroughly.
- Separate the leaves and place in a large bowl. Mix the salt and water together and pour over the cabbage, making sure all of the cabbage is submerged. Marinate the cabbage for 1 to 2 hours.
- Place the cabbage in a colander and press down to drain as much liquid from it as possible. Meanwhile, combine the garlic, ginger, fish sauce, chili powder, sweetener, and sesame oil in a small blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Place the cabbage into a large bowl and toss with the sliced scallions and radishes.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well to ensure all of the leaves are coated. Marinate for at least one hour before serving.
We love to make kimchi with Grilled Ribeye Steak with KETO Gorgonzola Butter - if you haven't tried that out yet, run now!
It's one of our favorite keto dinners and is super easy to prepare.
Will you be trying this recipe? Let us know by sharing a photo in our Facebook group, where we share all the best keto recipes and tips and support.
You can even check in with our keto coaches for free, to make sure you're getting the results you want.
Have a recipe you want us to feature next? Drop a comment below and we'll help you discover a world of new flavors and keto-fun!