This traditional Korean dish is a refreshingly light option that can be made quickly after a hectic day. This recipe draws flavor from Napa cabbage, sesame oil, and Korean chili powder. This is an ideal meal prep recipe since it can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for up to a week.
So KETO Kimchi Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
Makes: 8 servings
Serving Size: ⅛ salad
You will need a blender or food processor for this recipe.
- 1 large head Napa cabbage
- 4 cups water
- 1-½ cups kosher salt
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp chopped ginger
- ½ cup fish sauce
- ¼ cup Korean chili powder
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar substitute
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 3 tbsp radishes, sliced
- Cut the cabbage into quarters and remove the core. Drain and rinse the cabbage thoroughly.
- Separate the leaves and place in a large bowl. Mix the salt and water together and pour over the cabbage, making sure all of the cabbage is submerged. Marinate the cabbage for 1 to 2 hours.
- Place the cabbage in a colander and press down to drain as much liquid from it as possible. Meanwhile, combine the garlic, ginger, fish sauce, chili powder, sugar substitute, and sesame oil in a small blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Place the cabbage into a large bowl and toss with the sliced scallions and radishes.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well to ensure all of the leaves are coated. Marinate for at least one hour before serving.