Lowering carb consumption and increasing fat intake as a baseline approach is a great way to lose weight, fast!
Plus, pair a low-carb, high-fat, keto diet with a customized ketogenic weight loss plan, and you have a bonafide recipe for success!
There are many, many keto-friendly recipes available online. From your favorite YouTube cooking channels to the treasure trove that is your Pinterest recipe pin collections, the options are plentiful.
However, not all recipes are created equal, and nobody has time to experiment and hope the end result matches the picture-perfect recipe thumbnail.
Fortunately, we have developed a 30-second quiz you can take to customize your personal ketogenic diet weight loss plan to get started on the right foot living the low-carb life, today!
Why Do a Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Plan?
Eliminating most carbs and all refined forms of sugar alone will likely result in a loss on the scale. However, approaching keto with intention in the way of a well-crafted meal plan designed for weight loss is priceless.
The transitionary period when altering your dietary plan or activity level can pose some stress as there can be many elements to consider to adhere to a new lifestyle.
A personalized diet plan is an essential tool to use to stay focused while you get yourself acquainted with the program.
In addition to enjoying our collection of mouth-watering keto recipes for weight loss, our personalized plans offer structure. Still, with the ability to mix and match recipes as you choose, there's a lot of flexibility.
Plus, using a tailored keto meal plan for weight loss often results in more rapid fat loss as the program is made in consideration of some crucial factors, like gender, age, and activity level.
Here are some more reasons to use a ketogenic meal plan for weight loss.
Burn More Fat
Women are advised to eat between 1,200-1,400 calories per day and men between 1,800 and 2,200 calories to achieve steady weight loss.
And following a keto meal plan set within the correct range for your needs is essential to getting the results you desire.
Sticking to healthy fats, fatty fish, and lean protein, along with dark leafy greens, is an excellent way to jumpstart a low-carb, high-fat diet.
But eating certain foods at certain times in the day or in combination with other complementary foods can provide the leverage needed to accelerate fat loss.
Plus, eating foods that support nutritional ketosis naturally suppresses the appetite, making it easier to eat less without even trying. What was that, effortless weight loss? Sign me up!
Fight Sugar Cravings
A unique side effect of ketosis shocks even those with the biggest sweet tooth: fighting sugar cravings!
Once we eliminate most carbs and all refined sugars from our diet, the body switches from using glucose to using fat and ketones for energy and this transitions helps suppress the appetite and sugar cravings, as well.
Even if cookies and cake have always been your favorite binge foods, you may find your tastes change in favor of salty, sour, and bitter foods once fat-adapted.
Plus, metabolic ketosis helps to regulate glucose levels in the body and prevents disorders like insulin resistance or type 2 diabetes.
Feel Incredible & Energized
Losing unwanted weight fast is a fantastic benefit of eating a ketogenic diet, but that aspect is just part of the many ways ketosis can improve health.
The body naturally produces higher levels of ketones when in ketosis, and once we give up sugar and carbs in trade for healthy fats, we use ketones, as well as fat, as a high-quality fuel instead.
Those following a ketogenic diet often notice a boost in energy, endurance, and vitality once fat-adapted, making it easier to outwork your competition and crush your 2020 goals.
Plus, mental clarity is another collective experience shared by those following a ketogenic diet.
Thinking sharper and experiencing less mental fatigue is a great reason to ditch the carbs and boost health benefits with the use of a well-designed keto meal plan for weight loss.
Improve Insulin Resistance
Eating carbs may provide temporary comfort, but consuming significant amounts of carbohydrates wreaks absolute havoc with our glucose levels and how our body regulates insulin.
When the body is flooded with carbs and sugar, it causes specific processes in the body to malfunction. In the case of insulin resistance, the communication between the liver and pancreas is damaged.
Unfortunately, such damage can result in the body pumping much more glucose or insulin than needed into the system, which, over time, can lead to metabolic disorders like type 2 diabetes.
So, in addition to eating a diet that advocates enjoying scrumptious high-fat foods, the program naturally regulates insulin, along with our other hormonal systems.
Insulin health and balanced glucose levels are absolutely critical to our overall health as healthy sugar levels and regulated glucose levels help to promote health in the following areas:
- Improves cardiovascular health
- Helps regulate blood pressure
- Promotes natural appetite suppression
- Promotes healthy circulation
- Prevents blindness or amputations related to metabolic disorders like type 2 diabetes
The regulation of blood sugar also plays a part in the decreased sugar cravings most notice once on a ketogenic diet—the approach to eating makes weight loss enjoyable and comfortable.
Promote a Happy Healthy Body
There are many diets on the market, but several plans are difficult to follow long-term. However, a ketogenic diet is a fantastic dietary approach as it is flexible and adjustable to a variety of needs.
Although a ketogenic diet is undoubtedly synonymous with rapid weight loss, metabolic ketosis, as we alluded to, provides a wide range of health benefits, which makes it a plan to seriously consider.
A low-carb, high-fat diet reflects the natural state in which babies are birthed, and their moms enter and remain in ketosis more often approaching childbirth.
Why do you ask? Ketones aid in brain and body development in ways unreplicated by anything else and are vital for mom and baby during gestation and when breastfeeding.
Here are some health benefits of note related to eating a low-carb, high-fat, keto diet:
- Improved neurological function, helpful for those with epilepsy, autism, dementia, or Alzheimer's disease
- Significant reduction in triglycerides
- Increased loss of abdominal fat
- Aids in lowering blood pressure
- Increased HDL (good) cholesterol levels
- Hormone regulation (metabolic, libido, etc.)
- Improved heart health
- Blood sugar and insulin regulation
- Improved mental clarity
- Enhanced energy
- Improved mental sharpness
- Appetite suppression
There's no singular version of a perfect body. Despite the images preferred and promoted in media, women, and men, are beautiful in a variety of sizes.
Focus on eating nutrient-dense foods that are low in carbs, like dark leafy greens, wild-caught salmon, or many other options, and track your progress as you go.
The Konscious Custom Keto Meal Plan
As the name notes, our meal plans are customized and tailored for you based on your current situation and nutritional needs.
Also, we provide a well-balanced meal plan, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks, to keep you satisfied while your body burns fat with ease.
Here’s what you get:
Whether you choose to approach keto as a carnivore, pescatarian, or vegetarian, our meal plans have much to offer.
Our customized meal plans take your age, gender, and activity level into consideration when comprising your plan.
A focus on your goals is the first step to ensure the recipes you receive are geared toward achieving your specific health goals (e.g., weight loss, leaning out, bulking up, improving energy or increasing endurance, et al.).
Our customized meal plans also consider your anxiety and stress levels that may impact your hormones and prevent or slow weight loss to determine which foods are best for that individual, to help regulate stress hormones like cortisol.
Also, in addition to providing a diverse and tasty set of recipes for you to enjoy and lose weight effortlessly, our plan evaluates your current metabolic function and speed and adjusts meal suggestions accordingly.
Our keto meal plans are quite comprehensive and well-proven, as we've already helped thousands shed weight and transform their bodies using our proven customized programs.
You'll also receive the following:
- A Personalized 28-Day Meal Plan: You get a tailored 28-Day Meal Plan explicitly crafted to fit your body and your wellness goals.
- Get Results Quickly & Easily: Each recipe featured in your meal plan is designed to support your health goals—while still allowing a little wiggle room for those less-than-perfect eating days.
- We’ve Done All The Work For You! No more hassle over exact measurements. No more pondering on what to eat next. We’ve planned and calculated each dish for YOU.
- Time & Budget Friendly: You’ll never have to eat foods you don't like or can't pronounce. Also, you'll only use ingredients that are easy on your budget.
- Easy Meals: And while our delicious recipes are crafted by a professional chef, virtually every home cook can make each dish, no worries. All the recipes offered provide clear instructions, are simple, and make meal preparation a joy.
- Digital Access On Any Device: Download and access your personalized meal plan on your phone, tablet, or computer anywhere and at any time.
You'll also receive the following perks to achieve and maintain ketosis:
- Daily 5-Star Keto Meal Plan: Completely personalized meal plans customized to your metabolic type & weight-loss goal
- Four Nutritious Meals Per Day: Breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner & even dessert—daily!
- EZ Grocery List: Remove one more task from your busy schedule and save money because we've done all the work for you!
- Keto Quick Start Guide: Learn how to sidestep common mistakes & do keto right!
- Cravings Eliminator System: Useful ideas to destroy carb or sugar cravings!
- Keto-On-The-Go Manual: Stay focused—even when eating on-the-go! No sweat, we’ll show you how!
28-Days of Recipes
Our keto recipes are so simple to make and quite hard to resist. Whether you indulge in our Deluxe Cheeseburger Casserole or start the day's meals with our Tex Mex Breakfast Skillet, you'll always have a delicious low-carb, high-fat meal on-hand to keep you firmly on track.
We provide a wide variety of recipes to enjoy for breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner, and some sweet treats, too!
We've removed all the work from getting into metabolic ketosis, so you can enjoy the diet's benefits faster.
Customized for You
Personalization of a keto meal plan is an excellent way to create targeted results consistently. Take all the guesswork and frustration out of losing weight, and take our 30-second quiz to personalize your very own keto meal plan, today.
Pictures speak louder than words; results don't lie, and neither does the scale. Again, we have helped thousands of people, just like you, lose stubborn fat and keep it off.
Our active Konscious Keto community on Facebook is flooded with inspiring progress pictures and stunning before-and-after comparisons that speak volumes about the real results achieved using our personalized meal plans.
If you're considering beginning a ketogenic diet, but feel you need some guidance and support, our online community is an excellent place for you.
Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Plan - FAQs
How Many Calories Should I Eat for Ketogenic Weight Loss?
A daily caloric target is based on many variables. Your age, gender, daily activity level, and desired goals all play a significant part in the ideal calorie target for each person.
However, as a general rule, women should shoot to eat between 1,200-1,400 calories, and men should stick to a range of between 1,800-2,200 to achieve weight loss.
Use the noted ranges as a starting point and adjust caloric intake based on your results week to week.
Also, as you experience life events like pregnancy and breastfeeding, or you drastically increase your activity level, it's likely a good idea to revisit your macros.
What Foods Can I Eat?
Despite vowing to eliminate carbs and refined sugars, there's still a vast amount of foods to enjoy in abundance on a ketogenic diet.
Here are some of the tasty foods to enjoy on keto:
Meat and Seafood:
- Grass-fed and grass-finished beef
- Chicken (pasture-raised is preferred)
- Fish (e.g., salmon, catfish, tilapia, monkfish, et al.)
- Mackerel and sardines
Eggs & Dairy:
- Heavy cream
- Cream cheese
- Cheese (e.g., halloumi, mozzarella, Havarti, etc.)
- Sour cream
- Yogurt (with active cultures and low-sugar, like CocoYo)
- Grass-fed butter
Nuts and Seeds:
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Macadamia nuts
- Pili nuts
- Dark leafy greens (e.g., kale, spinach, collard greens, swiss chard, et al.)
- Brussel's sprouts
- Onions (in limited amounts)
- Berries (e.g., unsweetened blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, açai, et al.)
Can I Do IF on Your Keto Weight Loss Plan?
Absolutely, in fact, we would suggest pairing intermittent fasting (IF) with a fail-proof customized meal plan you can access instantly via the following link.
Your meal plan is perfectly portioned, as far as your set caloric intake and macros, and IF helps to torch visceral fat, especially about the abdomen.
We are so impressed with the results attained when coupling a keto meal plan and IF that we recently dedicated an article sharing tips for the various ways to fast on keto, see the full article here.
What Supplements Do You Recommend?
Using whole foods as your primary source of nutrition is ideal, but supplements can prove useful to fortify your intake at times when your eating choices are less than balanced.
We have created two supplements to help support your efforts to stay in ketosis and highly energized. Our keto meal replacement product, Keto Shake, is free of soy or GMOs and tastes terrific.
Plus, Keto Shake comes in various amazing flavors such as rich chocolate, strawberry cheesecake, and banana crème brûlée—super yummy!
Also, keeping ketone levels high has many benefits, including increased energy levels and helping to maintain ketosis. Our bodies naturally produce more ketone bodies once eliminating refined sugars and carbs.
Still, an exogenous BHB supplement, like our Keto Activate, is an excellent tool to keep in your arsenal to boost ketones when needed.
Make Yourself Accountable with a Keto Meal Plan
Next to journeying into the keto lifestyle with a friend or in a group of like-minded people, using a customized keto meal plan is the best way to see rapid and significant results.
We're just into the new year, and only you can be honest with yourself about whether you kept your resolution to get in shape thus far.
It's time to manifest all your wellness goals; make sure your glow-up doesn't pass you by. By this time next week, you could feel healthier, happier, and lighter, all while eating indulgent and satisfying meals that the entire family will absolutely love!
You deserve to be the best version of yourself and owe it to everyone who loves you, or will be helped by your personal talents when you're living your best life, to experience your gifts and glory.
Plus, you alone are worth making an effort to get healthy; focus on you, and everything else will fall into place.
- Chabikwa, T. (n.d.). Sugar - hormone interactions regulate shoot branching. doi: 10.14264/uql.2019.517
- Ketogenic Diet and Metabolic Therapies. (2016). Oxford Medicine Online. doi: 10.1093/med/9780190497996.001.0001
- Ekstein, D., & Schachter, S. C. (2014). Ketogenic Diet and Alternative Therapies. Epilepsy, 210–214. doi: 10.1002/9781118456989.ch29
- Neal, E. (2016). “Alternative” Ketogenic Diets. Oxford Medicine Online. doi: 10.1093/med/9780190497996.003.0002
- Dupuis, N., & Auvin, S. (2016). Anti-Inflammatory Effects of a Ketogenic Diet. Oxford Medicine Online. doi: 10.1093/med/9780190497996.003.0017
- Bharucha, B. (2019). Keto is the Hottest Weight Loss Trend this Year! Acta Scientific Nutritional Health, 3(8), 29–30. doi: 10.31080/asnh.2019.03.0362
- Successful Medical Weight Loss in a Community Setting. (2015). Journal of Obesity & Weight Loss Therapy, 05(01). doi: 10.4172/2165-7904.1000248
- Kiel, J. R. (2015). The Effectiveness of a Partial Meal Replacement Program in Extremely Obese Individuals: A Systematic Retrospective Chart Review of Medifast Weight Control Centers. Journal of Obesity & Weight Loss Therapy, s5. doi: 10.4172/2165-7904.s5-007