Well, it seems like New Year's Day 2020 was yesterday, and yet here we are approaching another end-of-year holiday season. Unbelievable, right? But it's true.
As we count down the days to another year and assess all that we have achieved this year and want to pursue in the next, gift-giving and delicious food are both generally front and center and top-of-mind. And homemade or sentimental gifts from the heart are more cherished now than maybe ever before.
This year has been one that has genuinely revealed that which is essential and precious. And the giving of our time and talents can touch the heart of our loved ones in deeply profound ways, regardless of a gift's price tag.
Plus, there are many delicious and beautiful food-based items you can make from scratch, infused with love, and share with others to make this year's holiday festivities incredibly unique.
Whether you bake and ship a few batches of mouth-watering keto cookies or brownies, or steep some herb-infused oil, or preserve a jar of sweet and hearty jam for a gift, you can rest assured that your creation is appreciated and one-of-a-kind.
You can also choose to purchase several keto gift baskets or keto kit membership boxes online for a gift option that offers variety and genuinely keeps on giving.
Plus, there are so many sweet or savory gift options to choose from that you're sure to find something extra special that each person on your gift-giving list will adore—even if they're not on a ketogenic diet.
A little time in the kitchen can yield amazing cookies, brownies, and other keto treats that anyone would love to receive for the holidays. Here are some of our favorite gift-worthy keto recipes that you may want to share to spread joy this holiday season:
- Delightful Zucchini Bread https://konsciousketo.com/blogs/recipes/delightful-zucchini-bread: A slice of warm zucchini bread and a warm cup of tea are a perfect compliment when prepping and cooking your family’s festive feast.
- Keto Almond Cake Fat Bomb: A pumpkin or coconut custard pie is a great way to top-off a savory keto spread, but our keto almond cake is another amazing option—and it’s perfect to pair with a cup of steaming chai tea for a sweet and satiating nightcap.
- Herb-infused Oils: Adding a sprig of thyme and bulbs of garlic to avocado oil and letting it steep, or using an infusion unit for speed—make it in hours rather than months—are an excellent gift project to make with the entire family.
- Can Homemade Sauce: Tomato sauce is a perfect gift to make and can in mason jars. Dress the jars up with a colorful cloth capping and some twine for a rustic and delightful presentation.
- Let your imagination run wild: You can customize just about anything nowadays and this includes kitchy tailored aprons or blankets branded with keto phrases; your family will love snuggling up to a personalized throw during the cold winter months and they’ll think of you every time they cozy up under their gift.
- Design a Keto Coffee Recipe Mug: Keto coffee is a mainstay for many following a ketogenic diet. Design a mug with the recipe for keto coffee added for a customized and super useful holiday gift—especially for newbies to the diet who are learning the ropes. Here are some of our favorite Keto Coffee Recipes.
- Homemade Cookie Basket - Receiving a platter of perfectly baked cookies would make anyone feel special! Add to it that the cookies are sugar free and keto-friendly and you’ve got a sweet and decadent gift that’s sure to please. Try any of our super easy and fantastic keto cookie recipes, like our Dreamy Creamy Keto Cookie or our Double Chocolate Cookie to make a beautiful platter to share for the holidays.
- Create a premium charcuterie basket: Adding salami, various cheeses, prosciutto, olives and pickled peppers are the perfect ingredients to gather to make your loved ones a present that will make them feel like they’ve opened a party in a box.
- Keto Candy Brittle - Whether keto candy cane and white chocolate or caramel and pecan, a sweet case of brittle is the perfect pick-me-up treat to enjoy while opening gifts throughout the holiday season. Be sure to use a keto friendly chocolate, such as Lily's brand.
- Homemade Keto Candies - You can use sugar-free flavorings and zero sugar simple syrup, like that made by Swoon, to make a variety of keto-friendly candies in a rainbow of colors. Plus, kids love making candy at home; it’s a fun project that allows their creativity to take shape.
- Cake/Cookie Mixes - Baking a cake for loved ones located across the country may be impractical. However, you can make a cake or cookie dry mix and package it with a recipe to ship as a gift they can make themselves, for a satisfying taste of home. Mason Jars work wonderfully for this homemade gift. Simply attach the recipe with a festive holiday ribbon.
- Recipe Scrapbook - Compile your family’s favorite keto recipes and add stickers, stamps or handwritten notes to personalize the recipe book as a keepsake, to build upon for generations to come.
- Cashew Keto Brittle - Whether cashews, macadamia nuts, or pili nuts, you can make mind-blowing brittle of many varieties that your loved ones will be ecstatic to receive and enjoy.
- Keto Wine & Spirits Basket: Create a low-carb wine and spirits gift basket with some premium vodka, sugar-free drink mixers, or keto-friendly wines for the adults in your life. And introducing your loved ones to new low-carb adult beverages will help ring in the New Year with a mellow buzz to enhance the holiday mealtime experience.
- Get Crafty - Use online services, like Moo.com, to create keto journals for your friends and family to use along their keto journey. Your unique style of encouragement and inspiration to help them every step of the way will speak volumes.
- Customized Phone Cases: Use a service like Printly to customize keto-centric phone cases to share an inside joke or offer an affirmation to encourage your loved ones to pursue their health & wellness goals.
- Print Your Presents - Design cute coasters, calendars, or mugs with catchy keto sayings to share some holiday cheer this year; it's easy and the products provide a lot of impact for an affordable price and a small investment of well-spent time.
- Create Photo Books - Collect captured memories around meals, and while prepping in the kitchen, and make a beautiful photo book that your family and friends will cherish.
- Keto Coffee Gift Set - A cute keto mug, quote art, and coffee of all kinds make for the perfect holiday gift basket. Also, consider adding some MCT oil or powder, or keto creamer and liquid stevia from companies like SweetLeaf to make the set complete.
Also, there are food-related gift options other than homemade fare to consider gifting the obsessed foodies in your life; here are some of our top picks:
- Foodie Merch: slogan mugs and shirts, customized cutting boards and kitchen signs, personalized chargers for hot or cold beverages.
- Gift an Experience: Send your loved ones access to an online cooking class or course to provide a unique and useful gift that will provide returns for years to come!
- Spoil your relatives with a personal chef experience - Hire a chef to cook a splendid and one-of-a-kind keto meal that will make your loved ones feel extra special during the holidays.
Kitchen gadgets and tools: A ketogenic diet can be as simplistic or fancy as you like. Explore a wide range of cooking options and approaches with the aid of kitchen gadgets that do the heavy lifting for you.
We are foodies at heart and love learning of new tools and gadgets to use in the kitchen to make our keto experience as interesting as possible. Check out our article dedicated to our top keto gadgets of 2020 here, it’s loaded with tons of ideas for gifts that the culinary lovers in your life will savor.
- Treat a Friend: Send a friend out for a new dining experience on you to show them that you care during the holidays while supporting your favorite local businesses; everybody wins!
- Gift Cards: Give a loved one a gift card to their favorite market, food service, or restaurant (e.g., Trader Joe's, Seamless, Butcher Box, or your local steak house), it’s a gift that’ll never go to waste.
- Make Keto Placards: Customize placards with funny keto phrases to use to decorate kitchens, pantries or culinary studios.
Plus, in addition to the many creative homemade possibilities, there are many in-store and online merchants who cater to the culinary whims of the keto dieter.
Here are some gift basket or curated box options that are perfect gifts to consider for the holidays:
- Keto Cookbooks or a handwritten collection of personal recipes
- Chomps Jerky Trial Pack
- Mission Meats Gift Box
- Audible - Although it can’t be eaten, an Audible audiobook membership is a great gift for the avid reader in your life with a zeal for food with a busy schedule—essentially everyone you know!
- People’s Choice Beef Jerky Box
- Bundle a keto coffee tumbler with some packets of instant keto coffee for a compact yet gorgeous gift anyone would love to receive.
- Gift your family a subscription to a culinary magazine to provide inspiration and new recipe ideas to keep them on track throughout the year.
- Crepe Maker
- High Protein Sampler Snack Box (Amazon)
- FreshJax Organic Keto Grilling Spices Box
- The Snack Group - Premium Keto Snack Box
- Smart Box Deluxe Keto Box
- Alder Creek Gift Baskets Keto Gift Basket
- Elevate Keto-friendly Snack Box
- Snack Attack Keto Box
Holiday Gift Splurges
- Give your family some free weights, a new pair of sneakers, or even a fitness tracker to inspire them to lace up their gym shoes to burn some calories each week!
- VitaMix or BlendTec High-power Blenders
- Slow Cooker
- Air Fryer
- Food Processor
- Man Crates (Keto Snack Boxes for Men—or anyone who loves tasty keto treats!)
Other Keto Gift Outlets
For those of you who are short on time or aren’t creatively inclined, remember that homemade doesn’t have to mean made by you in your home or by you, for that matter. Get gifts with a hand-crafted touch and feel from local artisans or online creators at the following online boutiques.
- Amazon Shops
Plus, you can shop stores like Michael’s or Target, especially in the dollar section at the latter, to locate cute and colorful baskets or gift bags and fillers to make a gift creation all your own.
A ketogenic diet is a gift in and of itself. Remember, health is wealth, and a keto diet provides ample support to ensure your body runs optimally. But giving keto-centric gifts during the holidays are an extra special way to show your loved ones that you truly care with an investment in their health and well-being.
Plus, people are found to achieve and maintain higher levels of success on keto, or any diet, when done with others. Accountability is critical when trying to improve the quality of your health; partner with like-minded friends and family to support each other along your low-carb journey when times become challenging or progress is moving slower than expected.
Trust us, everyone knows that this may be a leaner year. Thankfully, the amount of the gifts given during the holidays pale in comparison to the importance of the thought and sentiment extended to give someone something meaningful, regardless of the price tag; the thought is truly what counts most.
Consider making something from scratch, and from the heart, that your loved ones will cherish for years to come. Your one-of-a-kind homemade gifts or those you locate that are curated for the food lovers in your life will bring you as much joy giving them as it is for your loved ones to receive. Happy gifting!
- Resources - Holiday gift guide 2014. (2014). IEEE Spectrum, 51(12), 23-26. doi:10.1109/mspec.2014.6964921
- Giving thanks during the holiday season. (2006). Metal Finishing, 104(12), 5. doi:10.1016/s0026-0576(06)80355-