The ketogenic diet is a fantastic approach to lose excess weight and improve overall health.
However, while it's possible to keep it simple with keto and take it back to the basics, incorporating innovative keto gadgets and tools into your low-carb, high-fat protocol can add endless amounts of convenience and creativity to your keto culinary adventures.
I mean, what did we do before the zoodle veggie spiralizer or the advent of the ingenious air fryer? Honestly, how did we survive? But seriously, there are several handy tools to use to prepare, store, and enhance your keto meals—and you can access them at a wide range of price points to find an option that works for you.
There are many helpful gadgets to keep close in your keto kitchen, and we could write a book if we covered them all. However, we've curated a list of top gadget picks that are sure to speed up meal prep and elevate your keto cooking game with ease.
Plus, many of the gadgets mentioned are available on Amazon.com and can arrive at your doorstep within a couple of days! And there are many clever tools and gadgets that are perfect holiday gifts for your loved ones—on any budget!
Not all innovative and handy gadgets will break the budget, but there are also some coveted items that are worth every penny of the splurge. We'll share our favorite gadget picks, in a range of price points, to help you prime your kitchen wish lists and holiday stockings with all the stuffers your heart desires.
- Avocado Keeper: It seems like you blink and this creamy fruit goes from under-ripe to spoiled. Use this handy case to preserve avocados and slow oxidation.
- Strawberry Corer: Making keto-friendly jam or a berry-based fruit salad? This strawberry corer will make the prepping process a breeze!
- Measuring Spoons or Measuring Cups: It's often fine to freestyle when cooking, but baking is a precise science, and measuring spoons and cups are essential in any keto kitchen for baking.
- Strawberry Slicer: This is a wonderful tool to create equally-sliced portions of strawberries or to dice hard-boiled eggs for a quick and easy keto salad.
- Soda Can Caps: Preserve the fizz of keto soda or seltzer even if it's stored in a pop-top can!
- Mason Jars: Whether you're a canner or just like storing foods in these air-tight containers, mason jars are fantastic items to have on hand to keep foods fresh and organized.
($15 or less):
- Food Huggers, Reusable Silicone Food Savers: If you're frustrated that your food spoils quickly and it feels like you’re throwing money away every week, try these food preserving silicone huggers.
- Silicone Egg Cooker: Make perfect hard-boiled eggs for meal prep or a quick meal with these handy silicone egg cookers; they're super cute and the kids will find them fun to experiment with within the kitchen.
- Grease Splatter Screen: Frying makes delicious fare but messy stovetops. Grab a nifty splatter guard to make sure your cooking bacon or other foods is neat and the experience is free of grease burns.
- Egg Separator Tool: Some recipes call for only egg yolks or egg whites and separating the two can prove tricky, but this tool takes all the guesswork out of the process.
- Silicone Gummy Bear Molds: Who doesn't love gummy bears? They're sweet, chewy and a fun project to make with the kids. And silicone molds are the perfect tool to make these adorable sweet treats. Of course, make sure you’re using a keto friendly sweetener in your Gummy Bear recipe.
- Popsicle Mold: Store-bought popsicle options may be challenging to locate without tons of sugar. But popsicle molds can turn your kitchen into a popsicle-making factory—and you can make the treats with fresh or frozen fruit for a healthier option.
- OXO Good Grips 3-in-1 Avocado Slicer: Use this tool to slice and core avocado to make a bodacious bowl of creamy and savory guacamole!
- Ground Meat Chopper: Even if you’re cooking ground meat, using this device helps you further separate the meat as it cooks, to create equally-sized crumbles.
- Bacon Bin Grease Strainer & Storage Bin: Rendered bacon, duck, or chicken fat are like liquid gold on keto and this tool helps save that oil for future use, sans meat bits—a smart cost saver.
- Misto Brushed Aluminum Oil Sprayer: Use this sprayer to mist your pans when cooking for a healthier option that’s free of unwanted additives! Plus, this is a great tool to use to house homemade oil infusions—a great affordable gift idea for the fit foodie in your life.
- Silicone Baking Mats: These mats are perfect for baking cookies or for making a savory and easy dish during meal prep, like our cheesy spinach keto puffs.
- Digital Food Scale: Learning true portion sizes can be an adjustment once you choose to embark on a weight-loss journey, and a digital scale is a tried and true handy tool ideal for those looking to mind macros and achieve a consistent caloric deficiency to support weight loss.
- Ramekin: A perfect item to use to make some savory ham & gruyere personal keto casseroles or keto chocolate souffleé, these are a great kitchen item to keep on-hand.
- Citrus/Cheese Grater: Add a flurry of parmesan atop some keto-friendly zoodles or dash some lemon zest into keto cake batter for intensified flavor with this crafty tool.
- INSHA Hanging Trash Can: Use a hanging trash can for a compact means of discarding waste, separated by type, for eco-friendly trash disposal.
- Instant Read Digital Thermometer: Cook meats to the perfect doneness every time with this helpful digital reader.
- Dash Mini Waffle Maker: Everything is cuter as a mini and DASH knows this well. Waffles may seem like something out of the question on keto, but there are loads of low-carb batter options to pour into this useful mold to make your low-carb, high-fat meals extra special.
- Chef'n Stalk Chop Cauliflower Prep Tool: Whether you're making cauliflower rice, chopping some florets to whip up a creamy cauliflower mash, or shredding the cruciferous veggie into bits to make a keto-friendly pizza crust, you'll need a handy tool to expedite processing the sometimes messy vegetable, and this is an excellent option!
- RWHUAYI Defrosting Tray, Thawing Plate (fast defrosting of frozen foods like chicken, meat, fish, shrimp, or bacon): Did you forget to take the chicken out of the freezer for dinner in all your morning haste? No worries, use a thawing plate to recover and have dinner on the table in record time.
- Coffee Maker: Coffee is a favorite of many and keto coffee is a staple for a lot of followers of a low-carb, high-fat diet. Regardless of how you take your cup of Joe, a handy brewer is essential to make your morning fix.
- Meal Prep Containers: Preparing meals ahead is an excellent method to control portions and avoid impulse eating. Get some sturdy meal prep food storage containers that are freezer and microwave-friendly to support your wellness efforts.
- Kitchen Gizmo Snap N Strain Strainer, Clip On Silicone Colander: Remove the mess from straining pasta or rinsing ingredients with this failsafe strainer/colander combo.
- Pancake Batter Mixer: Tired of mixing in bowls and creating more dirty dishes? Try this single container unit instead: just add ingredients, shake, pour, cook, and enjoy!
- Salad Chopper Bowl and Strainer
- Chef'n LooseLeaf Greens and Herb Stripper: Find it challenging to remove thyme from its sprigs, try this gizmo!
- The Rollie Egg Cooker: Enjoy keto breakfast burritos but hate how sloppy it can be with the round-shaped egg sliding out of the wrap? No worries, the Rollie cooks perfectly-shaped log-like egg rolls, perfect for burritos and wraps!
- Taco Holder: Missing tacos? Make some cheddar cheese taco shells, and prop them up in a handy holder for a fantastic presentation and ease when eating.
($30 or less):
- Dash Rapid Egg Cooker: Hard-boiled eggs are a fantastic food to make ahead and have handy for a low-carb meal, and this mini egg cooker is the perfect tool to achieve consistent results every time.
- Automatic Pan Stirrer with Timer: Ever have food stick to your pan when distracted by rowdy kids or checking out a segment of your favorite show while making dinner? Forget the hassle of constantly monitoring your pot and incorporate the aid of this clever cooking gadget instead.
- Whisk Wiper: Ever waste needless time cleaning all the delicious keto cake batter off of your whisk with mediocre results? The whisk wiper ends batter waste with its innovative design that helps you get every last drop of goodness where it belongs—in the baking pan so it can end up in your belly.
- Vasta 2-in-1 Vegetable & Fruit Sheet & Noodle Slicer: Spiralizers are cool but they don't allow you to create strips to make lasagna-style strips for a variety of new recipe creation options like this innovative gadget.
- Dash Waffle Bowl Maker Machine: This tool creates cool food-based bowls for keto tacos or low-carb ice cream sundae boats—YUM!
- Immersion Hand Blender: Make sauces or create silky soups with this hand-held blender; it's ingenious!
- Cambom Manual Rotary Cheese Grater/Round Mandoline Slicer/Vegetable Slicer/Nuts Grinder/Cheese Shredder: Make a myriad of different dishes with a multi-purpose veggie and cheese processor that pretty much does it all.
- Hamburger Press: This is an awesome tool to use to make fun-shaped burgers to pair with keto fries for the kiddos!
- Bento Hard-Boiled Egg Molds
- 5 Blade Tabletop Spiralizer: A spiralizer is the perfect tool to use to make our zoodle keto alfredo with bacon recipe—it’s creamy and super-tasty.
- Fullstar Vegetable Chopper: Expedite your food prep process with this sous-chef-like device. Plus, you can chop onions with it without any tears.
- Zulay Milk Frother: Use this creative tool to add froth to keto coffee or lattes.
- Hamilton Beach Power Elite Blender: Every kitchen needs a quality blender to make smoothies or nut milk, but some options are a hefty investment and fall outside of the budgetary range of those limited to a tight budget. Try this highly-reviewed and affordable option to add variety to your blending creations while staying within your means.
- George Foreman Grill: This item is an oldie and a goodie, plus the grills range in price from less than $30 to anywhere in the hundred-dollar range—an option for virtually everyone.
- Butter Bell: If you are eating a low-carb, high-fat diet, you likely eat a significant amount of butter throughout the week.
This handy tool is an excellent way to keep room-temperature, soft and spreadable, golden butter at arms-length on your kitchen countertop at any moment—no refrigeration needed.
Baking Gadgets & Supplies:
- Silicone Muffin Pan: From blueberry muffins to egg poppers to fat bombs, you’ll find endless uses in the kitchen for your silicone molds.
- Whoopie Pie Pan: Kids love making these little pies and the pan makes the process a breeze!
- Silicone Muffin Liners: Prevent pesky sticking with these handy little baking liners.
- Cake Tins: This is a springform pan that is perfect for making our delicious and decadent almond cake fat bomb.
- Silicone Donut Mold: The perfect tool to use for making our keto apple spice donuts or our savory Too Good to be True Keto Bagels.
- Quiche Pan: A useful and affordable tool, you can use a pop-bottom, or springform, pan to create the most delicious keto quiches you can imagine! Start with our Quick N' Easy Breakfast Sausage Keto Quiche.
- Cuisinart Cast Iron Grill Press: Make restaurant-style burgers or keto grilled cheese sandwiches with the aid of a sandwich press.
Plus, there are many ways to eat a ketogenic diet on a tight budget. Here are our top tips to help you mind your money as well as your waistline on a low-carb, high-fat diet.
Ketone Testers: Knowing you’re in ketosis is essentially a bit of a guessing game without an accurate ketone-monitoring unit. Here are some helpful options to consider:
- Breath-based Tester Brands: Keyto, Ketonix, House of Keto Monitor, LEVLhome, KHC M3
- Blood-based: Keto MOJO, Fora 6 Bluetooth Monitor, Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Meter
- Urine Strips: Ketostix
- Air Fryer Multi-purpose Oven: The model offered by Emeril Lagasse even enables you to cook a whole rotisserie chicken, even better than store-bought, right on your kitchen countertop!
- Vitamix or Blendtec High-powered Blenders: Although an investment, a premium high-quality blender produces amazing results and can handle more intense processing to make flour, nut butter, and silky, clump-free smoothies.
- The Instant Pot: This kitchen gadget is excellent for making keto chili, a comforting and convenient classic.
- Ember Temperature Control Smart Mug: If you're super busy and find yourself faced with cooled coffee on most days of the week, consider this digital warmer mug to keep your brew at your preferred temperature for hours.
- Boska Holland Partyclette To-Go Mini Raclette Set: Perfectly turn any cheese into a silky and creamy cheese sauce right before your eyes!
- NutriBullet: If you're short on counter space and need a high-powered blender to make smoothies or soups, consider the NutriBullet.
- Cast Iron Skillet: Buy a quality pan that will last for generations once well seasoned. Also, use a cast-iron skillet to make some keto cornbread or our tasty keto savory pie with zucchini.
- Food Processor: Whether chopping onions or mincing cauliflower rice, a food processor is a wise addition to have in any kitchen!
- Bacon Express Crispy Grill: This gadget is a keto-dieters dream: it makes bacon perfectly. Need we say more?
- Electric Dehydrator: You can make jerky, fruit leather, or dehydrate veggies for long-term storage with a dehydrator and you can often find units from very affordable options up to the high-end Excalibur varieties.
Hot Gadget Holiday Gift Giving Picks for 2020
- Keurig K-Mini Plus Coffee Maker, Single-Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Brewer: This is the perfect chic and stylish gift for the coffee lover in your life! The Keurig K-mini is compact and ideal for use in small spaces. You'll automatically give your morning coffee routine a beautiful and stylish upgrade.
- Ice Cream/Frozen Yogurt Maker: We love Halo Top, too, but the ability to make homemade frozen desserts is both fun and an avenue to release your creative flare.
- Nonstick 12-Inch Electric Crepe Maker or MasterChef Cordless Crepe Maker: Delicate and light crepes are the perfect casing for a variety of sweet or savory fillings. Plus, the units are relatively affordable and are a great gift idea for the holidays.
- Kilner Butter Churner: Homemade butter is not just for the days of old. You can whip up a batch of fresh and delicious butter on your countertop in no time with this on-trend gift item.
Crock-Pot: A pressure cooker is a fantastic tool to have in any keto kitchen, but some foods work best in a slow cooker (a.k.a., a crock-pot).
We especially love using a crockpot to make our keto taco casserole—although using this style pot in this recipe is optional.
- Customizable Cookie Stamps: Brand your kiddo's cookies with a loving message or personalize your cookies with any text you choose; it's a great crafting project and makes for a cute customized gift for loved ones during the holidays.
- Pizza Stone: Weekly pizza nights just got more interesting! Bake your pizza on a proper pizza stone for the crispiest, most restaurant-like result possible.
Also, some gifts are priceless. Consider giving someone you love the gift of health with a nutrient-dense dose of our supreme greens; an excellent way to get all the nutrients needed without the fuss—even if you hate veggies!
Our premium whole-foods blend contains powerful antioxidants to help detoxify and fortify the body with vital nutrients to support overall health—especially on a ketogenic diet.
There is an abundance of gadgets to incorporate into your kitchen arsenal, and we have shared the standout items that have elevated our keto experience exponentially.
Don’t feel limited by your budget either, as many items noted are available at a variety of price points to suit your situation and needs.
Plus, crafty gadgets and tools add fun, convenience, and the ability to explore our creativity in the kitchen to become the culinary masters we’ve always dreamed we might become.
- Bhargav, K., Lavanya, S., & Ram, N. (2019). The ketogenic diet for weight loss. Journal of Clinical and Scientific Research,8(4), 211. doi:10.4103/jcsr.jcsr_113_19
- Bharucha, B. (2019). Keto is the Hottest Weight Loss Trend this Year! Acta Scientific Nutritional Health, 3(8), 29-30. doi:10.31080/asnh.2019.03.0362
- Low-Carb Diet Beats Low-Fat for HDL-Cholesterol Levels. (2010). SciVee. doi:10.4016/20185.01