Free Buttery Garlic Shrimp and Zoodles Recipe
Cooking more or less the same meal week after week throws you in quite the dinner time rut. When you find yourself hitting that point, you know it’s about time to try something entirely new...
And this recipe is centered around just such a newness.
This Buttery Garlic Shrimp with Zoodles recipe is sure to end your menu monotony and liven up your dinner table.
It’s ultra-fancy and a must-add to a lavish dinner spread. But most importantly, it’s easy and quick and can be served in 20 minutes on a weeknight.
My Butter Garlic Shrimp with Zoodles Recipe is a creamy, buttery, herbaceous take on your routine pasta. It features beautiful golden-pink, buttery shrimp sautéd in the aromatic spiciness of garlic and dressed with grated parmesan sprinkles, halved cherry tomatoes, and chopped parsley. This divine combination is then served on a bed of tangled, zucchini spirals aka. zoodles.
You can spice it up and add some heat by simply sprinkling some chili flakes. To make it zesty, try it with some freshly squeezed lemon – citrusy and aromatic. It’s just the zippiest way of having zoodles yet!
And it gets extra bonus for being delightfully low-carb and gluten-free.
- 3 tbsp butter or olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan, plus more for serving
- 10 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized (or about 4 cups zoodles), cooked to your liking
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a skillet over medium heat and sprinkle salt and pepper over the shrimp.
- Fry shrimp in butter for about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsp butter to the skillet to melt. Add the garlic, and saute for about a minute. Then, add heavy cream and begin whisking while bringing it to a simmer.
- Add parmesan, tomatoes, and parsley. Continue to simmer for a few minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Add shrimp and zucchini noodles to the skillet and toss to combine with sauce. Serve immediately with extra parmesan cheese, if desired.