Free Cheddar Broccoli
These delicious Cheddar Broccoli Bites are a fantastic low carb snack. They are packed with cheesy flavor and are a great alternative to tater tots and french fries. Dip these in low carb Ranch dressing or sugar-free ketchup for added flavor.
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
Optional, for dipping:
- Ranch dressing, sugar-free ketchup
- Steam or boil the broccoli for a few minutes until softened. Chop the broccoli into small pieces.
- In a medium bowl, add the egg, mayo, cheddar, parmesan, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Fold in the coconut flour, baking powder, and broccoli. Set the bowl in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow the coconut flour to absorb some of the moisture.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 400°F and spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Fill the muffin pan with the mixture, you should get about 12 mini muffins.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with Ranch dressing or sugar-free ketchup for dipping, if desired.
- Try other types of cheese, such as Pepper Jack or Mozzarella.
- You can substitute cauliflower for broccoli in this recipe.
Cook Time: 30 min
Macros: Fat: 5.3g | Protein: 3.3g | Net Carbs: 0.9g | Fiber: 0.6g | Sugar Alcohols: 0g | Calories: 66