Free Cravable Keto PB Cups
Sweet delights like peanut butter cups are ideal for keto conversions. Almost all of the ingredients in the original recipe can be eaten on a low-carb, high-fat diet.
You're already halfway there once you replace sugar.
The delicious combination of chocolate and peanut butter makes these keto PB cups amazing. Keep these in your freezer for when you feel the need to satisfy a craving.
Plus, this is another hassle-free recipe that you can make, sans oven. Instead, chill the layers as you make your sweet and chocolatey cups.
Also, the combination of protein and healthy fats, thanks to the coconut oil and peanut butter, plus the antioxidants and phytonutrients provided by the unsweetened dark chocolate, offer up a nutritional powerhouse masquerading as a treat.
Besides, the store-bought brands can’t offer the bonus of erythritol to keep carbs curbed and sugar intake at bay. Plus, this recipe is perfect to make any day of the week because it’s super simple and you likely already have all the necessary ingredients stocked in your keto pantry.
Also, you can make multiple batches ahead during meal prep, freeze, and parcel these out as you wish over time. Moreover, the classic combination of chocolate and peanut butter works wonders to crush any sweet tooth craving without compromising ketosis.
For the Chocolate:
- 6 oz sugar-free dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
For the Peanut Butter Filling:
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp powdered erythritol
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Arrange parchment or silicone muffin liners in a muffin tin. You can also use any shape silicone candy mold.
- Combine the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 15 seconds, stir and continue microwaving in 10-second intervals, stirring until fully melted, being careful not to burn the chocolate.
- Spoon half of the chocolate into the liners, using a spoon to spread the chocolate about ⅓ of the way up the sides of the liners. Place the liners in the freezer for 10 minutes, so that the chocolate can harden.
- While the chocolate is firming up, Combine the peanut butter and butter in another microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for about 45 seconds, or until the butter is melted, and stir to combine.
- Add the erythritol and vanilla extract to the peanut butter/butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Remove the muffin tin from the freezer and spoon the peanut butter mixture into each chocolate cup, leaving room to cover with the remaining melted chocolate. Return the muffin tin to the freezer for 10 minutes to harden up.
- Reheat the remaining chocolate until melted, about 10 seconds or so. Spoon over the peanut butter to cover. Return to the freezer to chill for 20 minutes before serving.