Free Easy Eggplant and Tomato Parmesan Recipe
Looking for a satisfying vegetarian meal? Look no further than this Easy Eggplant and Tomato Parmesan. Eggplant provides an abundance of vitamins and minerals, such as Vitamins C, K, and B6, as well as potassium, magnesium, and folate. Eating eggplant may improve digestion and heart health, as well as help to prevent disease.
- 1 small eggplant (about 1 lb), sliced into ¼ inch thick slices
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
Optional, for serving:
- salad greens, low carb marinara sauce
- Place the eggplant rounds on paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Let sit for about 15 minutes to release their moisture. Blot the eggplant with paper towels until dry.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the eggplant on the baking sheet and brush with about half the olive oil. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for about 6 minutes.
- Remove the eggplant, flip them over, brush with remaining oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for another 6-8 minutes or until softened and golden.
- Remove the eggplant from the oven and turn on the oven broiler to high heat. Position the top oven rack to the second-highest position.
- Arrange eggplant and tomato slices in an alternating pattern. Since this recipe is for 2 servings, you can divide the ingredients so that you make 2 rows of alternating eggplant/tomato slices.
- Sprinkle the eggplant and tomatoes with Italian seasoning, parmesan cheese, and mozzarella.
- Return to the oven and broil the eggplant/tomatoes for about 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve the eggplant and tomato parmesan with salad greens and low carb marinara if desired.
- Is eggplant, not your thing? No worries try sliced zucchini instead!
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Macros: Fat: 26g | Protein: 17g | Net Carbs: 8.8g | Fiber: 7.5g | Sugar Alcohols: 0g | Calories: 363
Additional Keto-Friendly Recipes & Resources
- Exogenous Ketones: Get Into Ketosis And Burn Body Fat Faster Than Ever On The Keto Diet
- Keto Friendly Or Keto Deadly? Don't You Dare Use These TOXIC Sweeteners! (Free Printable List)
- Free Double Chocolate Ketosis Cookies Recipe
- Free Strawberry Ricotta Keto Pancakes Recipe
- Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Keto Brownies Recipe
- Free Irresistible Keto Fudge Brownies Recipe
- Free Love My Lemon Keto Pound Cake Recipe
- Fix Your Belly Bulge In 30 Seconds
- Free Savory Keto Cloud Bread Recipe
- Free Sweet Keto Cloud Bread Recipe
- Free Fat Burning, Sinful Keto Fat Bombs Recipe
- Free Irresistible Chocolate Peanut Butter Keto Shake Recipe
- Free Perfectly Crispy Keto Fried Chicken Recipe
- Free Best Ever Keto Pepperoni Pizza Recipe
- Free Cinnamon Keto Smoothie Recipe
- Free Guide On How To Enjoy Coffee And Stay In Ketosis
- 3 Keto-Friendly Drinks That Burn Fat, Increase Energy, And Reduce Hunger
- 10 Mistakes You're Making Right This Second That Sabotage Your Weight Loss On The Keto Diet
- Free Sunday Morning Keto-Friendly Pancakes Recipe