Free Keto Mousse 4 Ways Recipe
Serving a mousse for dessert is a delightfully sweet ending to a spring-summer party.
Now I know that making mousse at home is simply too intimidating with an ingredient-dense recipe and all that egg-beating, cream-whipping, and tiresome folding. And oh, the critical handling of all that gelatine!
But with this recipe, I’m going to show you how to make mousse using JUST 5 ingredients. No eggs, no gelatine. And you can whip it up in 15 mins!
The one thing I just love about this fluffy French treat is how well it takes on a variety of flavors – you can make it from a host of puréed fruits to chocolate to lemon to mint.
Since the base of the recipe is the same, I make four different flavors: Strawberry, Raspberry, Blackberry, and Lemon. That is why I call it my Keto Mousse 4 Ways recipe.
(It’s up to you to do the same or stick with the same flavor for all servings.)
This Keto Mousse 4 Ways is a light, airy ensemble of lusciously whipped, vanilla-flavored cream, real fruit purée, and mascarpone cheese. This mousse is a creamy, creamy, and still creamier froth of a dessert with unparalleled lightness.
It’s the true meaning of what you call indulgence.
This mousse is just the spoonful you want to wrap your lips around!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 4 tbsp erythritol, to taste
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh berries (see instructions for variations)
- Optional: lemon zest, to taste
For the Base:
- Beat the heavy cream and erythritol with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form, and it looks like whipped cream consistency.
- Add mascarpone, lemon zest, and vanilla, and beat again with mixer until thoroughly combined.
- Add berries to a high powered blender and puree. Fold the puree into the mousse base to combine. Spoon into bowls or cups. For best results, chill in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.
For Strawberry Mousse:
- Purée 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries in a blender. Fold into mousse base.
For Raspberry Mousse:
- Purée 1 cup fresh raspberries in a blender. Fold into mousse base.
For Blackberry Mousse:
- Purée 1 cup fresh blackberries in a blender. Fold into the base.
For Lemon Mousse:
- Add 2 tbsp lemon juice and 1/4 tsp. lemon zest to mousse base.