Free Rich Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe
Who doesn’t loves chocolate cake? It’s happiness on a plate.
I’m going to show you how to make this plateful (erm... mug-full to be precise) of happiness with the quickest, most hassle-free recipe – a 1-mug, 5-minute recipe.
And this recipe is just perfect for those crazy late nights when your dessert cravings simply demand to be quenched.
This Rich Chocolate Mug Cake is a truly decadent fudgy, chocolaty chocolate treat – it’s a soft, fluffy cake serving full of rich chocolate, speckled with delicious melty, gooey chocolate chips. Serve with an over-the-top topping – a mixture of flavors and textures – lusciously creamy, nutty, and crunchy.
- 1 tbsp butter, coconut oil, or avocado oil
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp powdered erythritol, or to taste
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Optional: 2 tsp sugar-free chocolate chips
- Optional toppings: keto whipped cream, nuts, berries, nut butter
- Melt the butter or coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. If using avocado oil, you can skip this step.
- In another bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, erythritol, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Then, add the melted butter or oil, egg, almond milk, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Spray a microwave-safe mug, bowl, or a 10 - 12 oz ramekin and pour in the batter. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, if using, and microwave for about 60 - 90 seconds, or until cake is puffed and set.
- Carefully remove from microwave, as it will be very hot. Top with desired toppings and enjoy!
- You can also bake this cake in a 350 °F oven for about 10 - 15 minutes or until puffed and set.
- You can substitute about 1/3 cup almond flour for coconut flour.
- If looking for brand recommendations, we love Swerve brand erythritol, Lily’s chocolate chips, Simply Organic pure vanilla extract, Dagoba unsweetened cocoa powder, Anthony’s Organic Almond flour or Anthony’s organic coconut flour!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Macros: Fat: 16.2g | Total Carbs: 1.1g | Fiber: 0g | Sugar Alcohols: 0g | Net Carbs: 1.1g | Protein: 8.9g | Calories: 189.9