Free Weekend Eggs Benedict Recipe
Eggs Benedict is one of the most classic breakfast dishes.
It belongs up there with the fancy likes of steak and eggs, fluffy pancakes, and omelettes.
Now, delicious and indulgent as they are, these eggs have a reputation for being difficult to make.
And though preparing them requires a little orchestration, the end result makes them completely worth your while.
This Weekend Eggs Benedict put a tiny keto twist on the traditional recipe – featuring crispy bacon, poached eggs, and sautéed asparagus with a drizzle of warm, rich, creamy, hollandaise sauce.
Delectable and satisfying.
For the Eggs Benedict:
- 2 thick slices of bacon
- 8 asparagus spears, trimmed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs
For the Hollandaise Sauce:
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tbsp butter or ghee, melted
- salt and pepper, to taste
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- Begin by making the hollandaise sauce. Fill a small saucepan with about an inch of water and bring to a boil. Find a heatproof bowl that will fit over the saucepan without falling in to create a double boiler.
- Off the heat, whisk the egg yolk, and lemon juice in the heatproof bowl.
- Reduce the heat of the boiling water to medium-low. Place the bowl with the egg yolk over the saucepan. Whisk the egg yolk for about 3 minutes or until frothy. Remove the bowl from the heat and slowly whisk in the melted butter or ghee. Whisk in the salt, pepper, and cayenne (if using). Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the sauce to cover it and place the bowl in a larger bowl of warm water to keep the sauce warm while you make the rest of the dish.
- Cook the bacon to your preference in a skillet over medium heat. Remove the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and reserve the grease in the skillet.
- Add the asparagus to the bacon grease, season with salt and pepper and saute until tender, about 5-8 minutes. When done, remove from heat and keep warm in the skillet.
- Meanwhile, poach the eggs. Add about 2 inches of water to a shallow saucepan. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Crack one egg into a cup or bowl and gently slide it into the simmering water. Repeat with the other egg. Cook the eggs until the whites are set but the yolks remain soft- 2-4 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to carefully remove eggs to the paper towel-lined plate.
- Build your Eggs Benedict: Place the asparagus on a plate. Tear the bacon strips in half and lay them on top of the asparagus. Place the poached eggs on top of the bacon. Drizzle with hollandaise sauce and enjoy!
- Feel free to use another meat in place of bacon, such as ham, steak, or sausage patties.
- If you don’t like poached eggs, feel free to substitute any style you prefer.
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Macros: Fat: 52g | Protein: 27g | Net Carbs: 3.5g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar Alcohols: 0g | Calories: 605
Additional Keto-Friendly Recipes & Resources
- Exogenous Ketones: Get Into Ketosis And Burn Body Fat Faster Than Ever On The Keto Diet
- Keto Friendly Or Keto Deadly? Don't You Dare Use These TOXIC Sweeteners! (Free Printable List)
- Free Double Chocolate Ketosis Cookies Recipe
- Free Strawberry Ricotta Keto Pancakes Recipe
- Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Keto Brownies Recipe
- Free Irresistible Keto Fudge Brownies Recipe
- Free Love My Lemon Keto Pound Cake Recipe
- Fix Your Belly Bulge In 30 Seconds
- Free Savory Keto Cloud Bread Recipe
- Free Sweet Keto Cloud Bread Recipe
- Free Fat Burning, Sinful Keto Fat Bombs Recipe
- Free Irresistible Chocolate Peanut Butter Keto Shake Recipe
- Free Perfectly Crispy Keto Fried Chicken Recipe
- Free Best Ever Keto Pepperoni Pizza Recipe
- Free Cinnamon Keto Smoothie Recipe
- Free Guide On How To Enjoy Coffee And Stay In Ketosis
- 3 Keto-Friendly Drinks That Burn Fat, Increase Energy, And Reduce Hunger
- 10 Mistakes You're Making Right This Second That Sabotage Your Weight Loss On The Keto Diet
- Free Sunday Morning Keto-Friendly Pancakes Recipe