Free Spicy, Zesty Keto Barbecue Chicken Recipe
This Spicy, Zesty KETO Barbecue Chicken has the most straightforward marinade. Mix lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, and smoked paprika and rub it onto your chicken pieces. When this spicy, lemony marinade is applied as a rub, its flavors permeate the chicken meat with an intensity that sauces simply cannot match.
The zesty juiciness of the baked chicken combined with the burnt smokiness of my sauce recipe packs up a punch of distinct barbecue flavors that just hit the spot!
This savory treat pairs wonderfully with just about any lunch or dinner menu. And you can use what’s left of it to make sandwiches the next day.
For the Marinade:
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 10 pieces of bone-in chicken (legs, breasts, thighs, or combination)
For the Sauce:
- 15 oz canned tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce with no added sugar
- 3 tbsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp liquid Stevia to taste
- 2 tbsp liquid smoke
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
For the Marinade:
- Combine 2 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tsp smoked paprika, 3 minced garlic cloves, and 4 tbsp olive oil.
- Marinade the chicken pieces in the mixture for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and bake for 25 minutes in a 350°F oven.
For the Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes. Taste sauce and adjust Stevia for sweetness and liquid smoke for smokiness, if necessary.
- Remove chicken from oven, brush with sauce. Return to oven for 10 minutes. Remove chicken again, flip over, brush with sauce. Return to oven for 10 minutes. Remove chicken, flip back. Brush with more sauce and finish in the oven for 5 minutes or until fully cooked.
- For a spicy sauce, add sriracha or hot sauce of choice.
Prep Time: 1 hr 15 min (includes 1 hr marinade time)
Cook Time: 45-55 minutes
Macros: Fat: 33g | Total Carbs: 1g | Fiber: 0g | Sugar Alcohol: 0g | Net Carbs: 1g | Protein: 46g | Calories: 494
For the BBQ Sauce:(16 Servings)Fat: 0g | Total Carbs: 3g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar Alcohol: 0g | Net Carbs: 2g | Protein: 1g | Calories: 15
Additional Keto-Friendly Recipes & Resources
- Exogenous Ketones: Get Into Ketosis And Burn Body Fat Faster Than Ever On The Keto Diet
- Keto Friendly Or Keto Deadly? Don't You Dare Use These TOXIC Sweeteners! (Free Printable List)
- Free Double Chocolate Ketosis Cookies Recipe
- Free Strawberry Ricotta Keto Pancakes Recipe
- Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Keto Brownies Recipe
- Free Irresistible Keto Fudge Brownies Recipe
- Free Love My Lemon Keto Pound Cake Recipe
- Fix Your Belly Bulge In 30 Seconds
- Free Savory Keto Cloud Bread Recipe
- Free Sweet Keto Cloud Bread Recipe
- Free Fat Burning, Sinful Keto Fat Bombs Recipe
- Free Irresistible Chocolate Peanut Butter Keto Shake Recipe
- Free Perfectly Crispy Keto Fried Chicken Recipe
- Free Best Ever Keto Pepperoni Pizza Recipe
- Free Cinnamon Keto Smoothie Recipe
- Free Guide On How To Enjoy Coffee And Stay In Ketosis
- 3 Keto-Friendly Drinks That Burn Fat, Increase Energy, And Reduce Hunger
- 10 Mistakes You're Making Right This Second That Sabotage Your Weight Loss On The Keto Diet
- Free Sunday Morning Keto-Friendly Pancakes Recipe